SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Jeep SRT solo exhaust HELP !

1564 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  FreddyG
Hello everyone !

Been a while but finally I have decided to go with solo exhaust for my 2018 SRT. Did a couple forums before but just some final questions so please chime in if you own or heard this exhaust before on a WK2 !

Acceptable for daily ? Don't want the loudness when I'm tired so is it "sound on demand" so that its quiet when I want it to be and won't bother neighbors at start ups?

Cabin sound with cruise on long commutes? (drone?)

Volume compared to atak , corsa sport/xtreme?

I just need a final confirmation from you guys this would be a fine daily exhaust! Pretty much settle on it so please let me know if you have ANY info/opinion , thank you !!!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
819 Posts
Hello everyone !

Been a while but finally I have decided to go with solo exhaust for my 2018 SRT. Did a couple forums before but just some final questions so please chime in if you own or heard this exhaust before on a WK2 !

Acceptable for daily ? Don't want the loudness when I'm tired so is it "sound on demand" so that its quiet when I want it to be and won't bother neighbors at start ups?

Cabin sound with cruise on long commutes? (drone?)

Volume compared to atak , corsa sport/xtreme?

I just need a final confirmation from you guys this would be a fine daily exhaust! Pretty much settle on it so please let me know if you have ANY info/opinion , thank you !!!
Hi Vigilance and Welcome to the forum!

I don't have a Hellcat or WK2, but do have 2015 SRT 392 with the Solo Street/Race exhaust installed. Same engine as yours, so I can give you an Honest opinion of the Solo version that has no mufflers or resonators.

It is pretty loud at start up but settles down to a nice volume that is just a bit louder than stock. The sound is a bit lower in tone than the stock exhaust and at full throttle can be a little raspy but the Rice Krispy sound (Snap, Crackle and Pop minus the Pops, but you can't have Rice Krispies without Pop in there :D) when you decelerate makes up for any rasp that the exhaust has. It sounds good to me though.

In my opinion, it's Great for a daily because when you're off the gas, it sounds like a slightly modded stock exhaust. Easily daily driver with actually less drone than the factory exhaust. You can hold a conversation VEry easily while driving. Ruby (our SRT 392) had the most amount of drone (not bad, but still noticeable) when she went into MDS mode. The Solo has no drone at all in any mode available. I've never heard a Corsa or Borla in person, so I Apologize that I have no comparison to them.

Here's a video of a cold start up and I'll tell you that it is louder in person, but only for about 20 seconds until she settles down into a Nice, Deep rumble. This exhaust is fitting for our SRT's because they make the 392 sound Absolutely Nasty and Ticked off and I Really like that! The side benefit (and the real reason that I installed the Solo) was the fact that I could then put on the 4" quad tips that I believe just belong on there. The Jeep's might already have them though but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Here's a little cold startup video. Sorry for the blurriness. I had just got my first smartphone and found out that it was smarter than I was:

Ruby cold start......................

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.