SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Jet-Hot regarding having my ARH 2" long tubes coated with their 2300+ degree coating.
Is it worth having stainless headers coated????
Please chime in with your thoughts.....

Eric was quick to get back to me with a generic email and text. So I measured the headers and sent him pics.
Took a week, his quote got lost in spam, etc etc. $837.41

Sent him another email and text with my mid pipes and xpipe for a quote 8 days ago, no response to emails or texts.
He ghosted me.

Weighing back and forth on just having the headers done. Expensive. Worth it for keeping heat down in engine bay????

Now I am not sure if I feel comfortable sending them my headers when the communication is terrible...........

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,500 Posts
That's usually a reasonable feeling when the interactions are like that. There may be others that would be more responsive though. Personally, I don't think it would be worth the expense. Are they installed already?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Been holding out trying to decide what to do.

Reactions: borden72

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,924 Posts
I had my Roadrunners Hooker Super Comp headers done by them probably around 20 years ago. The coating has held up for the most part, but have had some slight rusting just off the head. I’m certain the coatings are much better now, but for 800+ I would take a pass, especially since they are stainless.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you want a nice finish just glass bead the stainless steel headers. They will look great and not turn dark. This was a trick some recently told me and we did it on a pair of Lemons stainless headers. Still looking like new.

Robert

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,017 Posts
Yes, its very much worth it. I had my Kooks 2" headers coated with Jet-Hot Ultra Extreme 2500 in titanium finish. Its extremely durable and its amazing how much heat it retains in the exhaust. Some say you gain slightly more power from better scavenging too but I didn't get it for that. I got it to keep under hood temps down and it works VERY well. This is what they look like when I had them installed 5 months ago, they still look just the same today.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you think its worth having the mids and x pipe done?
20210323_171946.jpg

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
376 Posts
I'm no thermal dynmasyst, but I imagine the further you go back the more diminished the ROI.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
292 Posts
I installed coated headers on a truck years ago. Lots of wires, etc around. Also the firewall. underneath there is more airflow and less chance of heating/melting things. Headers, yes or wrap, past them don't worry.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I contacted Jet-Hot regarding having my ARH 2" long tubes coated with their 2300+ degree coating.
Is it worth having stainless headers coated????
Please chime in with your thoughts.....

Eric was quick to get back to me with a generic email and text. So I measured the headers and sent him pics.
Took a week, his quote got lost in spam, etc etc. $837.41

Sent him another email and text with my mid pipes and xpipe for a quote 8 days ago, no response to emails or texts.
He ghosted me.

Weighing back and forth on just having the headers done. Expensive. Worth it for keeping heat down in engine bay????

Now I am not sure if I feel comfortable sending them my headers when the communication is terrible...........
Forget Jet-hot. Use ceramic cloth wrap instead. Mucho more effectiveo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts