SRT Hellcat Forum banner

JLT Cold Air Intake for Durango Hellcat

8K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Themip 
#1 ·
Anyone have one yet? I ordered one and a JLT catch can yesterday. I'm not expecting much of a power increase, looking for more blower whine. I think JLT is the only company that has one at the moment.

Discussion starter · #2 ·
Guess I'll be the first then. LOL. I'll post pics and impressions when its installed. Its scheduled to ship on 5/21.

Reactions: GOMER
Discussion starter · #4 ·
I had a JLT intake on the Durango SRT, can't say I really noticed any difference but I figured it couldn't hurt. This one may not make any more power either but my wife and I really like the blower whine so that's the real reason we're using the JLT.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I'm late to the party but I just installed it and JLT's catch can on my DDHC last weekend. The supercharger whine increased significantly; I'm super happy with the result.
That's what I wanted to hear. My wife will be very happy with that.

Reactions: DDSRT0311
Discussion starter · #10 ·
Waiting on mine. HHP has another batch inbound the 30th. I can't wait to hear the blower again.
Mine shipped yesterday, will be here Tuesday.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I got one its a hell of a kit ..... very nice like all JLT Products this one fits very nice. Grab yourself a pre filter too View attachment 574234
The pre-filters are restrictive, I wouldn't use one unless you live in an extremely dusty environment like a desert.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Per their data:

"Adding an Outerwears Pre-Filter will not have any significant reduction in airflow (independent lab test results available upon request). Most Performance air filters allow more air in than the engine can actually handle. In fact, an Outwears pre-filter keeps your primary filter cleaner for a longer period of time allowing your engine the ability to sustain its original airflow and horsepower for an extended amount of miles and time. Many of our customers claim they have also noticed an improvement in fuel efficiency. This may simply be attributed to the fact that they are keeping their air filter cleaner. "

The pre-filter, while being slightly restrictive, keeps dirt and particles OUT. While a clean new air filter will be better... drive it 500 miles and it will have bugs and sand in the element that you won't get with a pre-filtered air filter. So, IMO from what I've seen by owning one, when I take the pre-filter off, the actual filter underneath still looks completely unused.
They're restrictive, it stupid to have two filters.

Reactions: CatDaddyB5
Discussion starter · #15 ·
Science says otherwise.
Where's the science? You got any flow numbers? Why not use two pre-filters, or three if they're not restrictive? Do you wear two face masks also?

Discussion starter · #17 ·
JLT intake and catch can installed. Now the Durango has a loud whining sound. Is this normal?

Reactions: DDSRT0311
Discussion starter · #20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.