SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 07 Charger SRT8 with a Hellcat motor swap. It is such a cool build and was like the car was built just for me. I have always loved the older body style but have wanted the hellcat motor. This car even has the rear end and seats from the Charger Hellcat doner car. I look forward to meeting and talking with other mopar lovers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. This all started because I bought my son a 07 SRT8 Charger Super Bee. I liked his so much that I went looking for something for myself. I put a few pics up on another post but I will put them up here also. I need to get some better pics also. You can google charger hellx to see build pics and some videos from the builder.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't have it built so I didn't have to cover the nut on the shop fees.

I bought it from the person that had it built or the person that bought it from the person that had it built. Didn't care really. I like cool and different stuff.

Speaking of insurance, do Hellcats and Demons have insurance issues with driving with black or red key?

·
Registered
Charger 392
96 Posts
Hagerty insures a lot of hot rods. Check them out. My ride is insured with them because of all the modifications and I don't want to get rear ended and loose all that money. Cost me $20 more per month than my previous car.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,786 Posts
Speaking of insurance, do Hellcats and Demons have insurance issues with driving with black or red key?
Nope. I’m on my third one and no ins company has asked or addressed which fob will be used.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hagerty insures a lot of hot rods. Check them out. My ride is insured with them because of all the modifications and I don't want to get rear ended and loose all that money. Cost me $20 more per month than my previous car.
I was going to check them out. Thanks

·
Registered
Charger 392
96 Posts
Back in 2019 this was the most talked about build. Also, AJ did the tuning and the motor is not all stock. Moparinsiders even did an article on it: "Thanks to an upgraded pulley the car produced 705 horsepower to the rear wheels. A Paramount NAG1 transmission and a 3.09 rear axle ratio propelled the car to a 10.2-second quarter-mile time."

·
Registered
Charger 392
96 Posts
It seems there are a lot of folks on the forum that are not in tune with the Hemi world and the few shops that started the tuning these rides back in 2013. They broke the code down, spent countless hours perfecting the tunes over the next several years for both the transmission and the Hemi. The few shops that existed back then were,

Truestreet Performance with AJ tuning
HHP with Josh tuning
OST dyno with Mike tuning
Modern Muscle and Arrington in Martinsville VA
AMP in Pompano Beach FLa
One shop in Texas that specialized in the older pre 2011 models.

That was about it back in 2013 when tuning started to take off which allowed a lot of us to start modifiying our cars with Hemi's. Could not go out and write a check for a Hellcat. Hellcat was just a rumor back then.

So Truestreet performance is a top notch shop, AJ is one of the best Tuners.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
256 Posts
There are plenty of folks that can verify that time at the track. Back in 2019 this was the most talked about build. Also, AJ did the tuning and the motor is not all stock. Moparinsiders even did an article on it: "Thanks to an upgraded pulley the car produced 705 horsepower to the rear wheels. A Paramount NAG1 transmission and a 3.09 rear axle ratio propelled the car to a 10.2-second quarter-mile time."

I watched the video and unfortunately nothing from the track.. I'm not a drag racing expert like many here, but I have been running street nights at Atco for 30 years and have been attending track days for 40. The time seems suspect to me. Just my .02

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There's already another thread (here or on the other forum) about overheating issues.
yes, that was probably mine also. I believe I figured out the issue (broken fan blade) so swapping it out this weekend. I came to this forum because my son and I will need the help and expertise from members here. He and I have enjoyed working on and driving his SRT8 and now my new HellX.

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
225 Posts
I think it’s pretty tits and DAMN did they get that rear fittment RIGHT AND TIGHT oooo eeeee

1 - 20 of 30 Posts