SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got pulled over in the hellcat going 90+ ...I was shocked he was more interested in my car than giving me a ticket... 1st words out of his mouth was so is this the hellcat...of course I said yes sir..he says damn this is a really nice car how fast is it ... I almost think he wanted to sit in it.he asked what was the hurry I said man it's the hellcat he smiled and let me ride on...I was accellerating it was going to be a lot worse..what a nice sheriff!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
177 Posts
Just got pulled over in the hellcat going 90+ ...I was shocked he was more interested in my car than giving me a ticket... 1st words out of his mouth was so is this the hellcat...of course I said yes sir..he says damn this is a really nice car how fast is it ... I almost think he wanted to sit in it.he asked what was the hurry I said man it's the hellcat he smiled and let me ride on...I was accellerating it was going to be a lot worse..what a nice sheriff!!
All police know a kick ass car when they see one!!! Congrats on the free pass.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
555 Posts
Hah, that happened to me in my heavily modified 300ZX twin turbo project car in 96'. Except it was a caravan of 6 undercover officers and a couple of black & whites on their way to some location. It started when I accelerated around this really slow car in the center lane on the highway, and he said I was driving erratically. Upon further conversation, he was just interested in the color changing paint, throaty exhaust, and sinister matte black wheels (when murdered wheels began). With so many officers parked behind me, it caused a serious traffic jam of lookie-loos for at least an hour... All to talk about cars. ;)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
Haha that's so awesome cool sheriff

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
208 Posts
Midland/Odessa cops don't mess around. Shocked you got out of that one! If your ever in Dallas hollar at me!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,882 Posts
After bringing the Cat back from Iowa with me this weekend, my wife is going to immediately start a betting fund to attempt to predict when I will receive and fund my first ticket.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
339 Posts
That's awesome lol. I got pulled over by a State Trooper in the Del Rio Texas area this last weekend, he never said one word about the car. He was a super nice guy and just gave me a warning for no front plate.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
264 Posts
That's awesome lol. I got pulled over by a State Trooper in the Del Rio Texas area this last weekend, he never said one word about the car. He was a super nice guy and just gave me a warning for no front plate.
For your information, in Texas there is no penalty or fine associated with no front plate. It is a requirement and the police can pull you over, but if given a ticket there is no assigned fine for that offense. FWI

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
158 Posts
Glad to hear it turnout as it did!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,918 Posts
For your information, in Texas there is no penalty or fine associated with no front plate. It is a requirement and the police can pull you over, but if given a ticket there is no assigned fine for that offense. FWI
It isn't like MD and a few other states where there is no fine but you have X days to attach and get the ticket signed off or your registration is suspended? It's the same for illegal window tint.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,051 Posts
Effective September 1, 2013, Section 504.943 of the Texas Transportation Code entitled, Operation of a Vehicle Without License Plate, was amended to provide punishment for not displaying a front license plate. It is now an offense to operate a vehicle that does not display two licenses plates, and the punishment for failure to have both license plates is a fine of up to $200.

For many, the potential fine of $200 may not seem like enough to drill into the front of a new vehicle to add a license plate. It is, however, important to realize not having a front license plate does give the police probable cause to stop your vehicle any time they want.

504.943. Operation of Vehicle Without License Plate

(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway, during a registration period, a motor vehicle that does not display two license plates that:
(1) have been assigned by the department for the period; and
(2) comply with department rules regarding the placement of license plates.
(b) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a road tractor, motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer that does not display a license plate that:
(1) has been assigned by the department for the period; and
(2) complies with department rules regarding the placement of license plates.
(c) This section does not apply to a dealer operating a vehicle as provided by law.
(d) A court may dismiss a charge brought under Subsection (a)(1) if the defendant:
(1) remedies the defect before the defendant's first court appearance; and
(2) pays an administrative fee not to exceed $10.
(e) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
264 Posts
Effective September 1, 2013, Section 504.943 of the Texas Transportation Code entitled, Operation of a Vehicle Without License Plate, was amended to provide punishment for not displaying a front license plate. It is now an offense to operate a vehicle that does not display two licenses plates, and the punishment for failure to have both license plates is a fine of up to $200.

For many, the potential fine of $200 may not seem like enough to drill into the front of a new vehicle to add a license plate. It is, however, important to realize not having a front license plate does give the police probable cause to stop your vehicle any time they want.

(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway, during a registration period, a motor vehicle that does not display two license plates that:
(b) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a road tractor, motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer that does not display a license plate that:
(c) This section does not apply to a dealer operating a vehicle as provided by law.
(d) A court may dismiss a charge brought under Subsection (a)(1) if the defendant:
(e) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.
I am corrected, did not have that one on my radar. Thank you for the updated information.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,773 Posts

From Ofc. Ray, take that !!! haha

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
264 Posts

Does seem unusual That subsection b. lists a motorcycle. Those do not have two plates.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.