SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night driving in Custom mode which I have at:
Everything Street except Trans Sport and Traction Track

A Camaro pulled up beside me and we were going 30mph. Stomped on accelerator and the backend came around, I turned into the slide
let off gas and the car got traction and shot into the next lane before I got complete control.
Fortunately the Camaro was behind me or I would have clipped him.
Sobering.
I think i will keep the car in street traction while on the street and Im going to purchase some different tires. Looking at the Conti Ext Contacts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,121 Posts
Never turn off your traction control. I feel the car is faster with it on.

R.K.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
725 Posts
NEVER! learned that lesson last year on a damp interstate at 70. Needless to say I had to change pants when I got home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,008 Posts
Yep, happened to me one day on the interstate as well. I always make sure it’s on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the 9.5” wheels, 285/35’s on all fours look and fit great. I have the Conti. Extreme Contact Sports and it’s a night and day difference.
Will Discount Tire put 285s on the stock rim?
I know they can be picky.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
725 Posts
With the 9.5” wheels, 285/35’s on all fours look and fit great. I have the Conti. Extreme Contact Sports and it’s a night and day difference.
I have the 315’s all the way around.

Still breaks free whenever I want. These cars are insane.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
I have the 315’s all the way around.
Still breaks free whenever I want. These cars are insane.
Yup. I'm 315 only in the rear, but it's trivial to get loose. Track traction isn't called that for no reason.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,657 Posts
Wooooooooowhe! Give that one a sphincter factor of a solid 9.5!

Glad you're good. Sport traction will let you have a little fun without the extreme pucker factor. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gotta slowly ease off the throttle while in the middle of a slide, otherwise exactly what you said, back end stops sliding and your front tires say exactly which way the car goes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wooooooooowhe! Give that one a sphincter factor of a solid 9.5!

Glad you're good. Sport traction will let you have a little fun without the extreme pucker factor. ;)
Hahaha I’ll have to completely disagree on this one. I’ve thrown the rear sideways on street traction. (Purposefully, but still...)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go with the Continentals. They are great tires. I had a set on my last 2018 Hellcat and was amazed at how much more traction they had than stock tires. Wet traction was twice as good. As someone said earlier, it is a night and day difference. I ordered an extra set of factory FR74 widebody wheels for my Redeye and will be having a set of 315 Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires mounted on them for the Fall and Winter here in Kentucky.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,754 Posts
Will Discount Tire put 285s on the stock rim?
I know they can be picky.
Yes. They are an approved tire size for a 9.5” wheel. Discount is the shop that mounted mine. I’ve been getting real decent tire wear too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts