SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its safe to say I won't be sleeping good anytime soon (until I get my new beast) lol..
Got the Sublime with the 8spd Auto and black hood. Was really debating about the trans though, hope I don't regret the Auto. Its not like I'm going to the strip, but based on my research some experts are saying that this new Trans will actually better regulate the HP and utilize it more effectively, does that make sense to you guys? I be interested to hear everyone's thoughts and comments.

Kevin from Detroit

Attachments

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
for myself ... its about the driving and I love the feel of the crank connected directly to the rubber instead of via fluid drive. YMMV

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I went with the 6 speed manual. I did hear the same thing about the new automatic transmission and you do have control over setting the RPM's on when to shift which is more than what you get with a regular automatic but, there is something to be said about having a bad a** muscle car and being able to shift the gears when it feels right!! Plus, you will get a mile farther than me per gallon 21 hwy with the manual vs. 22 with the automatic.:) ha, like any of us on this forum are going to get close to 20 mpg for the first 6 months...I am having the same insomnia issues. good luck and congrats!!

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
A lady that drives a stick is a rare thing these days... my wife drove stick and had a 89 pony 5sp when I met her.. I actually thought it was kinda hot LMAO

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
PopPop
A lady that drives a stick is a rare thing these days... my wife drove stick and had a 89 pony 5sp when I met her.. I actually thought it was kinda hot LMAO
That is awesome! Good for her. We talked about old school muscle before and It was my way to bring back the nostalgia. Of course, having a clutch and gears from the Viper will really bring into the 21st Century! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Well its safe to say I won't be sleeping good anytime soon (until I get my new beast) lol..
Got the Sublime with the 8spd Auto and black hood. Was really debating about the trans though, hope I don't regret the Auto. Its not like I'm going to the strip, but based on my research some experts are saying that this new Trans will actually better regulate the HP and utilize it more effectively, does that make sense to you guys? I be interested to hear everyone's thoughts and comments.

Kevin from Detroit
Hi Kevin....im Dean in Seattle, im thinking about buying my HC Challenger
here locally. Can i ask what you paid and what options you chose?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Thanks! And i saw a member here who had engine trouble with
"ticking sounds and then it died and he found sludge in the oil
breather cap. Sounds like his engine is toast. Poor guy! Can you tell me what you know about
any other reports of engine trouble or mechanical breakdowns on Hell Cats?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
A few radio software updates, early cars had a fuel rail recall, and radiator issues, but those were early built cars.. Had about four or five issues with the crank pulley slipping and causing engine failure..

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,661 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me.......can i ask how much you paid for your HC
and what options you chose? Im going with the Laguna seats, Automatic,
Brass Monkey Wheels, Sunroof and Red Seat Belts.
Thanks! Dean in Seattle
Dean, I ordered my Hellcat on Sept 13, 2014, and I drove it home on December 17, 2014. I am down in South Georgia, and I paid MSRP for my Hellcat. Mine is Redline Tricoat Pearl, NAV, and I got the regular, black leather and suede seats (not the upgraded Laguna leather). Sunroof was not an option at the time of my order (I must admit that I do not miss the sunroof at all. Much more headroom without it).

If the dealers in you area are charging over MSRP, then widen your search area, perhaps even out of state. The Hellcats are much more plentiful this year as compared to last year, and many more dealers are selling for MSRP (and some a little lower). You will probably find that you will get out a little ahead if you purchase else where and drive/fly to get the car and drive it back home. Good Luck, and let us know what you decide. :)

April

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts
I have #834. I had a hose clamp and radiator replacement and a software update. Other that 3200 miles of the baddest damn car ever built.

Reactions: PlumTexasCrazy

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Hi Kevin....im Dean in Seattle, im thinking about buying my HC Challenger
here locally. Can i ask what you paid and what options you chose?
I'm in Olympia and check with my dealer regularly to see if he is getting to msrp. I was able to get the first one ordered at msrp because it is my 5th Dodge from his store. If I find out what the price is to order one, I will send you a pm.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Ok.....do you know of many people who have a lot of miles on their HC and have zero problems to report?
Yeah, again, me! Aside from some minor updates and adjustments, my car has been awesome. Have had it over a year and drive it quite often, even in the rain. Never regretted my purchase for one second.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.