SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Katzkin Leather Seat Cover Installation

6832 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  JamesU
Hello,

I'm planning to get some custom seat covers through the Katzkin ordering process at Dodge. Currently debating about whether to install them myself or let them do it. Would be a good savings to do it myself, and I'd have more control of the results. My hope is to get the original seat covers off without damaging them and save them. I just watched this video:
and I'm noticing there were steps where the installer ruined the seat cover taking it off. It looks like the leather cutting was simply for convenience, and that can be avoided. I am curious about the seams where the seat covers appear to be stapled down. The installer cut those off, but my inclination would be to try to pry out the old retainer so I don't ruin the cover when removing it.
After watching the video, I'm actually less inclined to hand the car over to the service department to do this job and I feel I could do better myself. Anyone in this group done their own Katzkin leather seat cover install?

Thanks!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
793 Posts
I installed a set on my 2010 RT. It was pretty straight forward. There were no airbags and they weren’t heated/cooled. It was pretty simple. Just a lot of stretching. Sore hands. Get a pair hog rings pliers and a couple box’s of hog rings. The covers came off without cutting anything except the clips. You have to figure the newer seats are somewhat serviceable seeing they’re loaded with the airbags/heater/vent.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just learned from my dealer, after sitting with them and choosing all my color options, that they cannot order Katzkin Leather Seats for Charger Hellcats. Katzkin cannot confirm if their front seat pattern is correct for the Charger Hellcat. Katzkin does not have a back seat pattern for a 60/40 split bench without the armrest.

WTF

Am I the first person in this forum to try to go down this road? Does anyone have a good escalation path through Dodge or SRT?

Thanks

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I didn't choose anything. My Charger has a Laguna leather interior, but there is no fold down armrest in the middle of the back seat.
So far, it seems that this configuration makes the car unusual compared to other Chargers. I see an exact match of my interior now for sale on eBay, so I know I am not the only one out there.
Anyway, still devastated at the news on Katzkin, given all the Dodge hype. Seems like I am stuck with the black interior I have until someone in the leather business gets a reference car to use to develop a pattern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.