SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just notice the latest add for KB and it says stay tuned for a 3.6LC 901 HP hellcat, should be interesting for sure.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
What we'll suffer from is getting the power into the pavement - even in stock form.
Having spent a number of warm days and cooler nights at the strip, I'll tell you the problem is almost always "getting hooked-up". Higher HP numbers won't mean much if we can't get good traction. I'll be looking for a good combination of sticky tires and rims to get the big cat down the 1320 quickly.

The first 60' is critical. Every .10 you lose at the 60' translates into .20 in the trap. We're going to need 60' times of well under 2.00 to get the 10.XXs this beast is capable of laying down.
Focus on traction for now - and more HP after we're getting it to hook.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
596 Posts
I think the stock parts are good enough but we need at least 1.6 sixty foot times to do anything, maybe Metco can help us if tires and stock suspension aren't enough. We can borrow the drag pack set up ideas maybe too.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
I think the stock parts are good enough but we need at least 1.6 sixty foot times to do anything, maybe Metco can help us if tires and stock suspension aren't enough. We can borrow the drag pack set up ideas maybe too.
Exactly my point. Give me a set of proper clearance and offset light-weight rims (defeats rotating mass handicaps), and a sticky pair of drag radials, and we can show everyone (and ourselves) just how fast these 4400 lb behemoths can scamper down the quarter mile in (essentially) stock form......like a scalded cat.

Reactions: 630

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Exactly my point. Give me a set of proper clearance and offset light-weight rims (defeats rotating mass handicaps), and a sticky pair of drag radials, and we can show everyone (and ourselves) just how fast these 4400 lb behemoths can scamper down the quarter mile in (essentially) stock form......like a scalded cat.
Sounds like a kick a$$ plan!!! I'm game!:D Let's do this!!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
Sounds like a kick a$$ plan!!! I'm game!:D Let's do this!!
Already doing my research. I'll LYK what I get when I get it!

Reactions: Srt8Cat and 630

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
Just crack the computer, give me the additional 100+ HP and more rubber on the ass end, I can handle the rest of the issues.
The additional rubber won't void your warranty. Reprogramming the ECU.... that's a different story.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With the KB's we use we can control the boost so that boost is 6 lbs on the launch and we ramp to 24lbs, the hellcat can be done the same if we can crack the software to do some creative programing.....

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
My CTS-V same weight and hp as the Hellcat dead hooked on Mickey ET and 17 inch welds. Ran a 10.7 at 127 mph. Just need a decently prepared track.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
737 Posts
Although the baby is a little big boned, the winning formular may prove to be simple. Big, wide and sticky rubber on the back, then, the ability to increase the boost after the car is hooked and rolling. The fast shifting eight speed and an 800+ HP engine finishing in the center of it's power band will be a sight to see.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.