SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Key

7983 Views 34 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  630
On my 12SRT you could pull the key out of the fob(just like the Hellcat) to gain access to the car if the fob stops working. On the 12 you could pop out the push button start and stick the end of the key fob in to the hole and turn it just like a key to start the car.

The question is, what happens with he Hellcat if the key fob stops working? Are we stranded?

Also on the 12 you could pop a little panel off by the shifter and stick the end of the fob in to shift it in to neutral in case the battery was dead or any other reason the car would not run

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
302 Posts
My 12 had the same fob as my Hellcat. If the battery dies in the key, you can remove the key to unlock the door. To start the car, you need to push the start button with your fob. I know it sounds weird, but it works. I was busy and didn't replace the fob for a few days and it worked like thst each time. You probably wouldn't want to go too long.:)
In the Hellcat, I don't think there's a key hole in the door for the key to go into, is there? How do you get into the car? I see the real metal key that slides out of the fob, but where in the world does it go? I don't even see a slot on the truck lid.....

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
616 Posts
In the Hellcat, I don't think there's a key hole in the door for the key to go into, is there? How do you get into the car? I see the real metal key that slides out of the fob, but where in the world does it go? I don't even see a slot on the truck lid.....
Ummm? Go look at your drivers door handle. LOL, unless you till waiting for it.

The key hole is there.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
302 Posts

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I wish there was a keyhole somewhere or a trunk release like the hood.
There is, it's a giant yellow tag inside the trunk. Lol. I get what you are saying and when my butt was hanging in the air of my back seat and I was reaching into the trunk, I couldn't have agreed more!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
421 Posts
There is, it's a giant yellow tag inside the trunk. Lol. I get what you are saying and when my butt was hanging in the air of my back seat and I was reaching into the trunk, I couldn't have agreed more!
Well if my butt won't fit through the seat I'm hitting the 911 button ........ ohh wait that wouldn't work either, ugh

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.