SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a question… I had gotten my headlights done with lighting trendz and for a while my battery was acting up and the car would die randomly and I created a conversation about it and some people suggested to get a new battery which I did but the car still dies. Where can I get the kill switch from? Cuz i think that the lights are doing that since I don’t got a kill switch installed

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
747 Posts
HHP kill switch is a useful item for many purposes. Not thinking it is meant to fix the issue you are marginally describing though.

Reactions: Paladin06

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude.....

You are confusing issues.

Make "Lighting Trendz" fix what they f-ed up.

A kill switch is not meant to fix battery drain issues.

Im a female lol but yeah i got the lights fixed twice. I got the lighting kit from lighting trendz but someone else installed it the first time. Then the lights were flickering so i took it somewhere else and they fixed the light issue but now the lights turn on randomly even when the car is off and just sitting. I already got a new battery and the car still dies.

·
Registered
956 Posts
... they fixed the light issue but now the lights turn on randomly even when the car is off and just sitting.
This sentence makes zero sense. It's not fixed if the lights are still coming on randomly. Until you get this fixed properly stop looking at other "fixes". A new battery will do zero for you when you have an obvious power draw.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,244 Posts
^. Yup. Not fixed. Period.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
To pile on...Yep, not working right isn't fixed.

The 'ita' would seem to indicate a woman but that could have been your cars name.

I was thinking about a kill switch but not sure if it will disable remote start function.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
304 Posts
Battery drain if it's wired correctly shouldn't happen unless there is something wrong with the lighting kit. Barring getting rid of those lights have someone wire a relay to the power for the lights that shut off when the engine shuts off. If lights staying on for (pick a number, 15-30 seconds) is something you like have them wire in a time delay relay. X seconds after the engine is shut down, the relay kills all power to the headlights.

Personally I think it's a botched installation with a lower chance of cheap electronics.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
747 Posts
Recommend pulling the fuse from the power lead in the engine bay....should be likely close to the passenger side headlight most likely and see if the battery drain continues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts