SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been as active on here as I would like. Joined when I purchased my first Hellcat Challenger which was a 2016 M6 Crystal Granite ride. I loved that car had big plans for it but alas even 50+ year old men can do stoopid things! Yea, totaled it, long story, bad round of golf induced, not one of my finer moments!
All things work for the good? I was upside down on the loan but GAP insurance (an absolute must on any car loan) paid it off and I purchased a 2019 replacement in November! Got a great deal had everything I would have ordered except instead of the M6 this one is an A8. Never thought I would enjoy the auto-matic versus a manual but man this definitely is not you typical auto-matic! Plus I noticed after having the car a month, I actually enjoyed listening to music during my 40 minute fast as you can go light to light drive to and from work on the outskirts of "Hotlanta" ;-)
I haven't had too many things done but have plans...My recent "upgrades" Paint corrected and coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra Ceramic coating, added a single, white bordered in black stripe, Chrome FR 70 Hellcat rims (20x9.5 fronts 20x10.5 rears) Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, 275/40R20XL 106Y fronts & 305/35R20XL 107Y rears, and had the widows including the moon roof tinted. Thanks to Atlanta Speed Company for doing such a fine job!
Next step AWE track edition exhaust with chrome quad tips and then on to Injected Engineering for some additional HP.

·
Registered
313 Posts
WTF?! Do I see adaptive cruise control in a hellcat and with an m6? Since when?
I thought that wasn't a thing?

EDIT: Welcome Btw. That white stripe is growing on me, looks good. :)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WTF?! Do I see adaptive cruise control in a hellcat and with an m6? Since when?
I thought that wasn't a thing?
ahhhh you read too fast my 2016 was a M6...this is an A8!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,835 Posts
Gotta love the bump up to a newer one. A8 is awesome.
Oh and GAP is def a waste of money unless you're upsidown on a loan to begin with. If you owe less than book then you're pretty much all set if you total it in a golf incident lol. Insurance will normally pay out the current book value and so as long as you owe less than that, GAP wouldn't be needed. It's great if you're buried in the loan which I just couldn't live with personally. GAP has it's place but it's not always something people need in a loan. I never get it because I generally put down a big chunk to be safe in case I ever need to sell quickly.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,530 Posts
Nice Hellcat and yes, I love the adaptive cruise.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotta love the bump up to a newer one. A8 is awesome.
Oh and GAP is def a waste of money unless you're upsidown on a loan to begin with. If you owe less than book then you're pretty much all set if you total it in a golf incident lol. Insurance will normally pay out the current book value and so as long as you owe less than that, GAP wouldn't be needed. It's great if you're buried in the loan which I just couldn't live with personally. GAP has it's place but it's not always something people need in a loan. I never get it because I generally put down a big chunk to be safe in case I ever need to sell quickly.
I agree with that but in my experience GAP is so inexpensive up front, think I paid $300 to add it to the loan. Problem is until like you say, get to where you owe less than book value, it will at least cover the difference should you total it...like all insurance a RIP-off until you actually need to use it ;-)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really like those chrome wheels against the dark color. That stands out !
Thanks the photos are a little darker than in person, but the paint correction and ceramic coating really make the crystal granite pop! I'm kinda ole school when it comes to chrome wheels so I just had to go that route!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts