SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,613 Posts
That's a good question asking here if anyone has experience using it.

I would ask Kong Performance who has it running on a Hellcat engine powered vehicle and what was done to accommodate it.

I'm not sure if there is 112 Intake Tube that will allow you to utilize that big of a hole :eek:

Sounds like a bit of paperwork marketing. I

Linda :)

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
209 Posts
These guys make some nice stuff in the GM market.
It does state that a larger coupler is required for use with stock intake, but why you'd connect a stock intake to this is beyond me :)

Looks like they also do some pretty good blower porting on all platforms. Hope to see results on this TB in the future.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,806 Posts
This would be overkill for a stock or near stock engines . I think it would a good supporting mod for a big powered engine .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
76 Posts
They sell the throttle body with a reducer that bolts it up to the snout. I believe the spacer/reducer is maybe 108/109mm going to the snout. I was looking at purchasing this with a ported snout, but my tuner said it was a PIA to dial it in. But I have heard there are great power gains with the snout/tb package.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke to them they did a trackhawk last night with this throttle body and a ported snout and picked up 48hp. Yes it requires a coupler however if your running a aftermarket intake the tube is already bigger.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
76 Posts
I spoke to them they did a trackhawk last night with this throttle body and a ported snout and picked up 48hp. Yes it requires a coupler however if your running a aftermarket intake the tube is already bigger.
Reducer goes behind throttle body to the snout.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,401 Posts
Gains were 40+ rwhp with the 112 and a ported snout. No tune.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,613 Posts
@FFBOS asks is it Tuned? I would be surprised if it is not. What are the modifications that have been installed?

Is there R&D Trackhawk 48HP gain just dyno info or can this be results from being Track Tested?

"Top Cat" Challenger has nice gains with the ported Snout and HHP's TB but there other mods installed and of course Tuning.

I would also think this Trackhawk has other Mods installed + Tuning to be able to support 112 mm TB and for those who build for racing ET's would be the market.

@BadGTR states his Tuner says TB's are hard to dial in. I know of one after market TB MFG for Hellcats was on Top Cat for T&T and it was a PIA and caused problems and back came the OEM.

This why Josh was involved with having another after market TB mfg'd

@03SONIC as you get more info please post them up. I did see on FB that someone else was going to install The Kong TB.

Linda :)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,401 Posts
No tune. Maybe gains would be a little higher. They need fueling tweaks at WOT to avoid a limp code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,806 Posts
They sell the throttle body with a reducer that bolts it up to the snout. I believe the spacer/reducer is maybe 108/109mm going to the snout. I was looking at purchasing this with a ported snout, but my tuner said it was a PIA to dial it in. But I have heard there are great power gains with the snout/tb package.
I have question .. If a ported snout is 108/109mm and the throttle body is 112mm wouldn't that mean the opening is now the "bottle neck" and anything bigger then the opening of the snout be a "waste" ?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,401 Posts
105mm seems to be the sweet spot. That is my plan when I do eventually do it.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
11 Posts
I agree with Hpindy and FFBOS!

Now another question would be what's the difference between

HHP 105mm and Gearhead Fab

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,401 Posts
Nothing from what I understand

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,806 Posts
I'm not telling people to run out and put a larger throttle body on a stock engine . I believe the engineers did a great job at sizing the intake tract for the stock engine. But once you modify the enigne would the air demand increase also? I still believe on a medium and up modified engine a larger throttle body and intake system would be beneficial. I have no data yet to prove this theory but I'm going to try and get some .

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put this out there as i have the intake spacers and the blower is coming off anyways. I figured i would port the snout however just the port with a stock throttle body it seems gains are minimal.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,806 Posts
I put this out there as i have the intake spacers and the blower is coming off anyways. I figured i would port the snout however just the port with a stock throttle body it seems gains are minimal.
I thought it was a good idea to put this out there . It may help a few of us understand more and see more parts available to us. I would like to see a throttle body shoot out with a dyno and drag strip . Unfortunately it would be pretty expensive.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,401 Posts
The TB with a snout is a 1-2psi increase.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts