Vehicles with a manual transmission have an adjustable launch RPM controlled through the Uconnect® system.
Launch Control is only available when the following procedure is followed:
1. Pressing the “LAUNCH” button on the center stack switch bank.
NOTE: Pushing the SRT button on the center stack or pressing the “SRT & Apps” button on the touchscreen are two other options to access launch control features. Please refer to “Uconnect® Settings” within your Own- er’s Manual on the DVD for further information.
2. Press the “Launch RPM Set-Up” button on the touch- screen. This screen will allow you to adjust your launch RPM’s for optimum launch/traction.
3. Press the “Activate Launch Mode” button on the touchscreen.
4. Make sure the vehicle is not moving.
5. Make sure the steering wheel is pointing straight.
Fully depress the clutch pedal and make sure the vehicle is in first gear.
While holding the clutch depressed, rapidly apply the accelerator pedal to wide open throttle. The engine speed will hold at the pre-selected launch RPM. The engine speed will hold at the RPM that was set in the “Launch RPM Set-up” screen.
NOTE: Messages will appear in the Driver Information Display (DID) to inform the driver if one or more of the above conditions have not been met.
8. When conditions 5 through 8 have been met, the Driver Information Display (DID) will read “Launch Ready Release Clutch”. Release the clutch quickly and continue to hold wide open throttle to launch execute shifts. Refer to “Manual Transmission – Shifting” in this section for further information.
Release the brake and continue to hold wide open throttle to launch.
9. Keep the vehicle pointed straight.
Launch control will be active until the vehicle reaches 62 mph (100 km/h), at which point the ESC system will return to its current ESC mode.
Launch control will abort before launch completion, display “Launch Aborted” in the cluster and return to ESC Full ON under any the following conditions:
• The brake is applied during launch.• The ESC system detects that the vehicle is no longer
moving in a straight line.
• The “ESC OFF” button is pressed to change the ESC system to another mode.
NOTE: After launch control has been aborted, ESC will return to its current ESC mode.