SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if you compare it to the 2nd video where I didn't quite get it into launch mode Id say for sure.

As I learned you have to have some pressure on the brake pedal for launch control to work. If you don't have enough, it does what you see in that 2nd vid...which was still pretty dang fun BTW..

When it is race time, I will be doing drag radials and no launch control.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Well if you compare it to the 2nd video where I didn't quite get it into launch mode Id say for sure.

As I learned you have to have some pressure on the brake pedal for launch control to work. If you don't have enough, it does what you see in that 2nd vid...which was still pretty dang fun BTW..

Cool! Thanks...I haven't played with launch control yet. Too darn wet here. Hope to soon though.:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
136 Posts

If you need pressure on brake it seems nearly impossible to use correctly with the standard... unless you have 3 feet.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Applying brakes on launch control or in a moving forward gear motion is not a good idea as it can wear down the brake pads significantly I'm sure

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No I mean the car MUST have pressure on the brake in order to go into launch mode. It has to read at least 30Hg at the brake booster. Thats not hammering down on the brake pedal but its more than just sitiing there with the car stopped cause you are on the brake. I am sure that if you were to hold lainch control for too long it would back out of launch control. I'd guess 3 to 5 seconds or something like that. Don't know the exact parameters that will disengage it.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts
I going to love that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.