SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So after selling my 2016 Hellcat for a more track-oriented car, my wife and I are looking to upgrade our 2018 Scat Pack Charger to a Hellcat.

I'm seeing lease pricing on Dodge's website is wildly different between a 2021 Charger Hellcat and a Charger Hellcat Redeye. For example: a regular Charger Hellcat optioned out to $78.3k is quoted at $588/mo lease with $7.7k down, 10k miles/36mo... a Redeye at $80.1k at the same down and terms is quoted at $1004/mo! Only a $2.3k difference in financed money but $416/mo gap. What gives? Is Dodge just giving crazy lease incentives on regular Hellcats but not Redeyes? Is the Redeye residual just piss poor compared to a standard Hellcat?

I'd love a Redeye, but $1000/mo is a hard pill to swallow compared to $588 for almost the same car. If anyone has insight I'd love to hear it.

- Alex

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't it plain old demand and supply?
Idk, is it? Leasing is a function of "money factor" and residual value based on the mileage. So I'm wondering is Chrysler just offering way less money factor to lease a Redeye? Or do they somehow value the Redeye much lower than the Hellcat at end of term?

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
314 Posts
Seems either the money factor is higher on the RE and/or the residual is the same or lower. Likely both.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
652 Posts
The lease calculator on the Dodge site is a joke. I would take any pricing you see on there with a very large grain of salt.....

Also, I'm not even sure if you can order a 2021 charger hellcat right now. Seems like the focus is on Redeye chargers only from what I'm seeing

$7K down on a lease? Woof. But if you have money to blow hey man go for it

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
665 Posts
Oh great another thread, start using search function please.... I'll be nice here.

On the bright side you asked before you signed so bonus points.

2021 wb charger hc isn't even a thing rn.

2021 wb charger redeye or 2020 wb charger hc are the only vehicles available on lot.

2021 redeye has 56% residual and standard mf( 4.5% is my guesstimate but it could be 5%.... it's really really high.

2020 charger hc has 65% residual and .00008 mf (Last I checked) basically .2% mf.

Dodge website = bad, doesn't include taxes, tag, acq fee, etc etc

NEVER PUT MONEY DOWN ON A LEASE... bad idea.

With roughly $1000 das( 1st month payment, doc fee, etc etc) you are looking at $800+/mo on a well equipped charger

On a well equipped redeye I would wager you are looking at closer to $1300+.

I said it on the other thread, this is a bad time to lease a charger hc/redeye.

If you can stomach an $850 payment the 2020 charger wb would be the way to go.

I couldn't justify $850/mo for a charger when there are m5s available at circa 1k. The value proposition is just not there for me, considering you are paying $850 for a car with no acc, no lane keep, massaging seats, cheaper interior, etc etc and this coming from a guy who leased a 2017 charger hc and loved it ($650/mo)

Just my opinion though, depends on how much value you feel you are getting.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I couldn't justify $850/mo for a charger when there are m5s available at circa 1k.

Finally someone that knows how to use the world circa!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody Redeye
120 Posts
I have a re on order even I wonder if 2bz redeye option really is worth the $8600

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
665 Posts
I couldn't justify $850/mo for a charger when there are m5s available at circa 1k.

Finally someone that knows how to use the world circa!
Grammar police, yes I used it for a form of currency and not a date...... it's internet slang at this point.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Grammar police, yes I used it for a form of currency and not a date...... it's internet slang at this point.
I'm a BMW snob and own a m340i xdrive. I drove a 2021 LCI M5 before I traded my 2018 Charger Hellcat for a 2021 Redeye.

I wanted the M5 to fuse both my m340i xdrive and the Hellcat... it did neither and even with 12% off plus loyalties because I've been buying new BMWs for 8yrs it is not going to be anywhere near or below $1000 a month on a lease. $1220 of you're top of your game on discounts.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
665 Posts
I'm a BMW snob and own a m340i xdrive. I drove a 2021 LCI M5 before I traded my 2018 Charger Hellcat for a 2021 Redeye.

I wanted the M5 to fuse both my m340i xdrive and the Hellcat... it did neither and even with 12% off plus loyalties because I've been buying new BMWs for 8yrs it is not going to be anywhere near or below $1000 a month on a lease. $1220 of you're top of your game on discounts.
I work bmw very hard, I'm sitting on a loaner at 18.5% off, looking to target 22%

I'm also sitting on a new car that's been on lot for 400+ days and they aggressively slash price every few days.

I'm about 10 steps ahead of you, 12% and base mf is about net 0 on a new car, but with lci out and 2020s losing lease support this month I'm looking to go closer to 20%.

My last 3 bmw's hacks have been
65k 530i @$320/mo 800 das
75k 540i @ $499/mo 900 das
68k x3 m40i @$529/mo 529 das
All within a year, I swapped out for profit.

Bmw makes it easy to hack a lease.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I work bmw very hard, I'm sitting on a loaner at 18.5% off, looking to target 22%

I'm also sitting on a new car that's been on lot for 400+ days and they aggressively slash price every few days.

I'm about 10 steps ahead of you, 12% and base mf is about net 0 on a new car, but with lci out and 2020s losing lease support this month I'm looking to go closer to 20%.

My last 3 bmw's hacks have been
65k 530i @$320/mo 800 das
75k 540i @ $499/mo 900 das
68k x3 m40i @$529/mo 529 das

Bmw makes it easy to hack a lease.
I'm paying 549mo on a 70k msrp m340i nothing down but yeah you're getting nowhere near there (20%) even on a 20 m5 lol.

Service loaners at 18-25% is typical.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
665 Posts
I'm paying 549mo on a 70k msrp m340i nothing down but yeah you're getting nowhere near there (20%) even on a 20 m5 lol.

Service loaners at 18-25% is typical.
Already have verbal offer at 19.5% 😉😉, I am very good at finding steals, I passed up $479 on a 65k m340i x drive last year because the 3 series is a bit small in the back.

And no 18-25% is not typical for a service loaner.

·
Registered
336 Posts

Actually, I was serious. Most people (including a lot of journalists) use it to mean from, like circa 1900, when it really means approximately.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
652 Posts
Oh great another thread, start using search function please.... I'll be nice here.

On the bright side you asked before you signed so bonus points.

2021 wb charger hc isn't even a thing rn.

2021 wb charger redeye or 2020 wb charger hc are the only vehicles available on lot.

2021 redeye has 56% residual and standard mf( 4.5% is my guesstimate but it could be 5%.... it's really really high.

2020 charger hc has 65% residual and .00008 mf (Last I checked) basically .2% mf.

Dodge website = bad, doesn't include taxes, tag, acq fee, etc etc

NEVER PUT MONEY DOWN ON A LEASE... bad idea.

With roughly $1000 das( 1st month payment, doc fee, etc etc) you are looking at $800+/mo on a well equipped charger

On a well equipped redeye I would wager you are looking at closer to $1300+.

I said it on the other thread, this is a bad time to lease a charger hc/redeye.

If you can stomach an $850 payment the 2020 charger wb would be the way to go.

I couldn't justify $850/mo for a charger when there are m5s available at circa 1k. The value proposition is just not there for me, considering you are paying $850 for a car with no acc, no lane keep, massaging seats, cheaper interior, etc etc and this coming from a guy who leased a 2017 charger hc and loved it ($650/mo)

Just my opinion though, depends on how much value you feel you are getting.
Man, I couldn't agree more with every word here. I'm not knocking anyone, but I wouldn't dream of paying $1k+/mo for any type of hellcat or super stock or any Dodge product for that matter. Honestly wouldn't even pay that for a TH but that's just me. Luxury/foreign is the only option for me at that price point. To each his own

Patience is a virtue right now if you are in the market for a new charger hellcat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts