Challenger SRT Demon
67 Posts
Agreed

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
377 Posts
Chemical guys is overhyped crap.

If your car is less than ~3 years old or ~30,000 miles, you don't need leather conditioner. Most leather comes with a topcoat (think like a clear coat) to protect the leather and seal in the dye. Conditioner does absolutely nothing, except maybe UV protection, and will sit on the surface and attract dirt, dust, etc. which then acts like sand paper... Easiest way to tell if your topcoat is worn down is if rubbing the cleaned leather with a damp white cloth transfers dye to the cloth.

New leather only needs to be kept clean, and if you want to go above and beyond, use a friction reducer that also essentially replenishes the topcoat for a brief period of time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,059 Posts
Exactly! All this leather conditioner crap is bs on a new car, your leather is clear coated and that junk does nothing. What does your owners manual say to use to clean your leather? A damp cloth and that a leather conditioner is not required to maintain original condition.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
92 Posts
I use Adam's on my cars. Nothing wrong with a little leather care for cleaning, UV protection, and conditioning even on new seats.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,881 Posts
I used Lexol #2 Conditioner a few times. It does a nice job, but is a pita to remove after application. Directions say to wipe surfaces clean with microfiber cloth after application, only problem is the cloth constantly sticks to the leather, and rolls over on itself, making product removal and buffing a patience testing exercise. Do the others your guys mention above have this issue?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
150 Posts
Another vote for z-10! An oldie, but goody.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I clean the leather with apc then use this afterwards, leaves a nice matte finish.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts