SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok time to beat the dead horse on this one. I have a '19 RE WB that I am thinking of trading in and ordering a '21 Super Stock. My RE has the full Laguna leather which is soft, comfortably and isn't showing any signs of wear. I was debating on getting the Alcantara/Nappa on the SS because I like the look of the embroidered SRT logo on the seat that the Laguna doesn't have. That is the only reason I was thinking of switching to the Alcantara, but I have never sat on an Alcantara seat so I don't know how comfortable they are. Most of the post I have read people were saying that the Alcantara wears better and lasts long, but are harder to maintain and stains easier. Also not many people have said that the Alcantara felt soft and comfortable on their rear. While everyone for the Laguna says they look better, feel softer, and are easier to maintain, but wear quicker. Which is the better choice?

·
HOTM Winner
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
2,662 Posts
Learn what you can from these threads, then go to a dealer & try them both out (If you can find any). Thats what I did, & loved the look & feel of Alcantara, plus it was way cheaper as well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,008 Posts
I have the Alcantara/Nappa in my HC... love it... prefer it... had Laguna in a previous SRT8. IMHO it is more durable than the Laguna. Now when the Laguna is new it is awesome and feels great but the downside is as it ages it gets fissures or cracks like lines in form it it and as is wears it stretches slightly so the leather can get slight waves in it. (I think early there were even warranty issues with Laguna) The Nappa also grips your butt better and you don't slide around as much. I find it very comfortable. I don't have any problem with stains but I also don't bring food or drinks in the car. If I ordered another it would be Alcantara/Nappa all the way... its even easier on the wallet. Now that is a personal opinion go sit in both and judge for yourself.

Reactions: HughJass

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
817 Posts
Had Alcantara in my ZL1 for almost 3 years.... was honestly the one thing I absolutely detested about the car. I will never again buy a car with it... it looks nice, it is comfortable, but you literally have to worry about EVERYTHING when you are in the car (in terms of dirt/grime/fluids/etc getting on the interior). And that doesn't include the steering wheel part either.

It's a very pretty interior, it is comfortable, but if you're going to be racing the car with any kind of routine I simply don't recommend it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,918 Posts
I've had 9 SRTs in the family. After every leather and leather/nappa interior available I went with the Alcantara pkg on my 2020 Charger HC....best I've ever had. I absolutely love the Alcantara wheel after 8 leather wheels. So much so I want to buy it and put one in the Durango Hellcat

Reactions: HughJass

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
817 Posts
I have full Alcantara interior as well as suede headliner, love it!!! But I didn't want the suede steering wheel. Only because of sweat, dirty hand stains, matted suede. I mean I wanted to do it, but I figured I'd stick with leather on the wheel.
So much this....I absolutely and emphatically despise the Alcantara steering wheels. Why would you ever do that to a car? I can understand doing it in an exotic.... but in a muscle car? WHY!?!?!?! It's awful...

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,073 Posts
The leather in these cars does not let you slide around. People who argue that def dont have it. Ive had both and the leather in these cars is soft, supple, and very grippy. Zero sliding. The suede is also really comfortable and you wont slide around in it either. But it doesnt ooze the sexiness that the leather does. Leather for the win. Cant lose either way tbh.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Alcantara wildwheel is part of the Alcantara Appearance Package option. You get the Alcantara seats with the regular wheel just by selecting the Plus Package. I love the Alcantara feel and look.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,791 Posts
I had alcantera in my redeye and didn’t prefer over the leather option. Also, the leather wheel is thicker than the alcantera wheel. I liked the leather wheel better.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts