SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Ok time to beat the dead horse on this one. I have a '19 RE WB that I am thinking of trading in and ordering a '21 Super Stock. My RE has the full Laguna leather which is soft, comfortably and isn't showing any signs of wear. I was debating on getting the Alcantara/Nappa on the SS because I like the look of the embroidered SRT logo on the seat that the Laguna doesn't have. That is the only reason I was thinking of switching to the Alcantara, but I have never sat on an Alcantara seat so I don't know how comfortable they are. Most of the post I have read people were saying that the Alcantara wears better and lasts long, but are harder to maintain and stains easier. Also not many people have said that the Alcantara felt soft and comfortable on their rear. While everyone for the Laguna says they look better, feel softer, and are easier to maintain, but wear quicker. Which is the better choice?
Leather........on looks alone

·
Registered
533 Posts
You don’t get the choice in the Charger. If you want the alcantara seats, you get the steering wheel too.
Ah, well in that case, it would have been a deal breaker for me if I was getting a Charger. Love the Alcantara, but my hyperhidrosis hands would kill that Alcantara wheel in no time.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok time to beat the dead horse on this one. I have a '19 RE WB that I am thinking of trading in and ordering a '21 Super Stock. My RE has the full Laguna leather which is soft, comfortably and isn't showing any signs of wear. I was debating on getting the Alcantara/Nappa on the SS because I like the look of the embroidered SRT logo on the seat that the Laguna doesn't have. That is the only reason I was thinking of switching to the Alcantara, but I have never sat on an Alcantara seat so I don't know how comfortable they are. Most of the post I have read people were saying that the Alcantara wears better and lasts long, but are harder to maintain and stains easier. Also not many people have said that the Alcantara felt soft and comfortable on their rear. While everyone for the Laguna says they look better, feel softer, and are easier to maintain, but wear quicker. Which is the better choice?
I had the full leather in an SRT 392 and my Hellcat has the alcantara. Between the two I like the alcantara better. I think the seat is more comfortable.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
231 Posts
I have Laguna in my Hellcat and Alcantara in my Jeep SRT. I am not a fan of the Alcantara the Laguna feels better and more comfortable to me. The Alcantara feels hotter to me even with the cold air seat going.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
875 Posts
No heating or cooling with houndstooth. Cooling is a must for me in Texas.
Since I bought my SRT used, I didn't have a say on the seats but I was glad it had Laguna leather. It's the first car I've owned with ventilated seats which is an important consideration for the hot summer months in SoCal, especially since my leather seats are black. For the OP, you might want to consider this. I'm not sure if the Alcantara seats are ventilated but maybe some other members can chime with an answer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Since I bought my SRT used, I didn't have a say on the seats but I was glad it had Laguna leather. It's the first car I've owned with ventilated seats which is an important consideration for the hot summer months in SoCal, especially since my leather seats are black. For the OP, you might want to consider this. I'm not sure if the Alcantara seats are ventilated but maybe some other members can chime in on that question.
The alcantara seats are also ventilated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Dragon - Have 2020 RE w/every option.The Laguna is phenomenal! Insane comfort and venting etc, So glad I chose...However... I do suspect it doesn't wear as well. A stupid vest I was wearing made a slight scuff in the drivers seat. Not fun. We all baby our cats but be gentle with it.
I am coming off a Toyota 4 runner LTD leather which was almost indestructible. 21 years of adventure and no scuffs!
The Alcantara is probably more rugged and more like a race car but I'm suspicious of the chemicals employed in its manufacture. The world of man-made products is more and more carcinogenic!
At one dealer I actually felt ill sitting in one for 10 minutes! I am overly sensitive however.Take your time.
Laguna reminds me of my Dads old Cadillacs! I could sleep in it!
Good Luck! Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK, this is strange; My window sticker says 'Plus Package', which includes 'Hellcat Logo Nappa / Alcantara Seat for $1,895.
Then, it also shows the 'Laguna Leather Package' which says 'Hellcat Logo Laguna Leather Seats' for $1,795. Huh??
Totally confused.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, this is strange; My window sticker says 'Plus Package', which includes 'Hellcat Logo Nappa / Alcantara Seat for $1,895.
Then, it also shows the 'Laguna Leather Package' which says 'Hellcat Logo Laguna Leather Seats' for $1,795. Huh??
Totally confused.
Just an overwrite in the literature you have laguna.That's what you paid $1795 for.
I'm happy with it! When I was 13 we would've called it BITCHIN!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
Hi Dragon - Have 2020 RE w/every option.The Laguna is phenomenal! Insane comfort and venting etc, So glad I chose...However... I do suspect it doesn't wear as well. A stupid vest I was wearing made a slight scuff in the drivers seat. Not fun. We all baby our cats but be gentle with it.
I am coming off a Toyota 4 runner LTD leather which was almost indestructible. 21 years of adventure and no scuffs!
The Alcantara is probably more rugged and more like a race car but I'm suspicious of the chemicals employed in its manufacture. The world of man-made products is more and more carcinogenic!
At one dealer I actually felt ill sitting in one for 10 minutes! I am overly sensitive however.Take your time.
Laguna reminds me of my Dads old Cadillacs! I could sleep in it!
Good Luck! View attachment 576852

We all don't baby our Hellcats. I use mine for a daily driver. Trunk full of tools. Run it thru the no touch drive thru once every couple weeks. Have it detailed on 2 to 3 month cycle. Put 17,400 miles on a new 2019 Redeye in a little over a year. Now have a 2019 WB that just passed 10k miles. I have owned it for 10 months. It is a great car. But is just a car. Nothing makes me desire to pamper it. I do love to to listen to the engine at 7,000rpms.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,716 Posts
Here's my $0.02 on this. I factory ordered my 2015 SRT Challenger with Alcantara. I prefered it because it holds you better in your seats. When I bought my 2015 Hellcat I had it with Alcantara. We ordered our 2015 SRT GC specifically with Alcantara. Our new 2021 factory ordered Trackhawk has the Alcantara. Here is the reasons why we never went with the leather:

-Too many issues with leather sagging
-The cost increase doesn't warrant the option
-On the used market the price you paid for the leather option will never be gained back
-Most people don't know how to maintain the Laguna leather so it looks like shit
-In the hot summer the leather is too hot and burns you
-In the winter the Leather is too cold and takes forever to heat up your seats

Now just so you guys understand that where I live we have a temperature swing of almost 90 degrees Celcius. It goes from +39 to -45 degress C. There is too much stress on that material to make it last long and look good. That is my reasoning not to get it.

R.K.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts