SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the discussion has been beat to death but my curiosity has gotten the better of me.

Metco vs Hellraiser

Now we know the difference in decoupling of the pulleys and the possible advantages BUT.... I keep hearing the Hellraiser pulleys are much heavier and in that regards can we prove that it could cause parasitic losses to a point it makes a power difference? Has anyone done this test before to see what a 2.85 Hellraiser vs 2.85 Metco does on the same tune?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Both at 2.85 will turn the supercharger at the same rate, the few more ounces of rotating mass on 800rwhp certainly won't be noticed. I would say,same-same.

·
Registered
515 Posts
On Modern Mussle Xtreme both the Metco 2.85 pulley kit and Litens clutched 2.72 (I know not 2.85) pulley kit, both have a shipping weight of 10lbs

This is a very accurate and scientific test to your question....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok well the information I read was wrong if that’s the case. Thank you for the input. I plan on getting a Litens pulley anyway. Just sucks cause it’s damn near double the cost. Lol

·
Registered
607 Posts
Not sure about the metco but the 2.85 hellraiser is much lighter than the stock pulley although that would be expected so don’t know why im typing this lol o_O

·
Registered
105 Posts
Anyone know of failed or damaged superchargers as a direct result from not using a de-coupler style pulley? I hear a lot of people have used the Metco for years and no problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts