SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put these on yesterday. Easy. Makes lifting in the driveway a breeze. Pictured not the application for Hellcat.
04C80529-C8E1-4263-A9AB-769D321271B6.png

·
Registered
101 Posts
I added them too. Quick, easy instal. Hope they work out well for oil changes and removing tires for cleaning until I can get some race ramps ordered.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,040 Posts
I have these too along with the ZL1 pinch weld blocks. My problem, i can't jack up the car at either point and put a jack stand on the unused point. The jack is always in the way...

·
Registered
In The Market
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have these too along with the ZL1 pinch weld blocks. My problem, i can't jack up the car at either point and put a jack stand on the unused point. The jack is always in the way...
I get that. How about leaving the jack there and putting the stand next to it in the event the jack fails. Leave 1” clearance. Need second jack.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,040 Posts
I get that. How about leaving the jack there and putting the stand next to it in the event the jack fails. Leave 1” clearance. Need second jack.
I did that but the stand wont make it under the ZL1 block or the donut. The rear is ok cause I jack under the diff.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
In The Market
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always cause collateral damage whenever I touch the car. The goddam transmission jack handle stood under ON ITS OWN and put a tiny Knick in the mirror. Could been worse. Mirror was flipped in so not noticeable when deployed normal position. Why so goddam hard to get under these cars?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
Purchase or build yourself a set of ramps. I use them all the time when I have to get under any vehicle. I don’t even drive on them. I just jack the car up and lower onto the ramp. Ramps are only an issue if you need to work on any wheels, brakes, or suspension components.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ramps failed or rusted or slipped.
Ramps from Race Ramps are dense foam and can't fail or slip unless one tries very hard. Their 56" ramp works with stock Challengers Hellcat; it may be too steep for lowered cars, but then they have a 72" ramp which is even more gradual. The major downside: their prices.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
I built my own 5 years ago or so. Works perfectly every time and you don’t have to spend $400 for a set of race ramps.
Here’s a link showing pretty close to what I did:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts