SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
18 Hellcat
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to Phillips Performance web site to order flares and found this.

ATTN: Due to Covid-19 production and supplier issues beyond our control,
all orders placed after 03/15/21 could potentially be shipped up to 30-60 days after a flare order is placed.
We apologize for this delay and appreciate your patience.
In appreciation we are offering special pricing for those willing to pay now and wait to recieve their flares in 30-60 days .
Please use the code “ DELAY ” in the discount code at check out for special pre-order price of $495.00 for a full set.
Our goal is to under promise and over deliver on the shipping time.
Thank you for your patience and support through these circumstances.

Yup order placed!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,932 Posts
Thats a great deal, especially if youre going to stay with the black.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
413 Posts
Smart. Offering a discount to generate income today while waiting for inventory. This could help small businesses to survive in an economic downturn.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
396 Posts
Smart. Offering a discount to generate income today while waiting for inventory. This could help small businesses to survive in an economic downturn.
As long as you 100% trust that your suppliers are going to fulfill their obligations; otherwise you are totally screwed when customers start asking for their money back.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,039 Posts
As long as you 100% trust that your suppliers are going to fulfill their obligations; otherwise you are totally screwed when customers start asking for their money back.
Not as long as you don't spend the money, in fact you could be earning interest on someone else's money.

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do you mean by "black"? One has prep and to paint them regardless of color...
The owner of Phillips Performance has unpainted flares on his personal Hellcat. I guess they resemble the textured plastic on the rockers and look good.

With that said, I'm ordering mine painted.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,039 Posts
The owner of Phillips Performance has unpainted flares on his personal Hellcat. I guess they resemble the textured plastic on the rockers and look good.

With that said, I'm ordering mine painted.
I have ordered a set unpainted and I can tell you they would need some finish work to look like a factory product. They can be a little rough in some places from the production process. When you order them painted, the bodyshop takes care of all that and you get a factory looking product.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
540 Posts
Still, you're saving $200 on the unpainted variety... which is a helluva deal. It's also $200 off a painted set.

I've got a friend who's a local painter that can do these up for less than what I'd pay to get the painted ones from Phillips. Add in the extra $200 off and that saves me more....

Helluva deal in my opinion....I was already looking to buy a set anyways and this just made it easier to do it now..

Damn good lookin out btw!!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
396 Posts
The ones that are shipped don't really resemble the unpainted plastic on the rockers. I ordered mine unpainted and couldn't even think about installing them the way they came.

That said, you can fairly easily paint them yourself like I did. I bought the matching paint in the spray cans from here:

Plus I bought their adhesion promoter Adhesion Promoter | AutomotiveTouchup

and, of course, their clear coat.

Plus, this cheap little contraption made using the spray bottles much easier:

The area is fairly small, so one can easily do this job as long as you have patience and a well ventilated place without dust. Note that if you use their clear coat, you will probably want to polish the flairs after you are done (10 min job).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,115 Posts
Not a bad price.... but what happens if they file chapter 11?

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,039 Posts
Not a bad price.... but what happens if they file chapter 11?
Well they haven't in the last 3 years but I suppose it could happen to anyone. Bill is a stand up guy though and would likely just refund your money.

Reactions: HUNTER

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,115 Posts
I am really torn, I would love to tuck these 315s with a little flare
20210312_174102.jpg

20210217_185159.jpg

20210212_220801.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just ordered a set of front and rear. Im waiting for a response from Bill as I inadvertently send a fubared email address. That concerns me a little but if I don't hear form him Ill annoy the crap out of him.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
540 Posts
I am really torn, I would love to tuck these 315s with a little flare

Dude has a 345 on the rear... they look bad ass.... if you like them, well worth the addition :)

I think it would look great on your car.

·
Registered
18 Hellcat
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vendors for one off parts like this deserve a lot of respect. I don't know Bill Phillips and don't know the companies financial situation but he spent some money and it took effort to bring the flares to market. If there is not enough demand for a product it goes away. When this one goes away we loose another option. I like options.
If it's something you where going to do and haven't or if you're on the fence and the savings makes a difference we can support a vendor and may be keep this product available.
I've never seen a car with the flares yet have read allot of people are very pleased with them.
I'm going to have mine painted.
Have a friend that owns a body shop that will save me some coin.
Hell of a deal I think.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,115 Posts
Love to see this with wheels on

1 - 20 of 118 Posts