SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m waiting for the weather to clear so I can get 500 miles on my new 1320. I have a question though regarding proper burnout procedure. In my designated drag car ( with 2 speed power glide), I start the burnout in first and then quickly shift to second for the remainder of the burnout. In my dragster ( also with a power glide ) , I do the whole burnout in second. What is the proper procedure in my 1320? Do you start in1st and shift to second or leave it in automatic mode and let it shift on its own or what? I’ll be using the line lock feature as that looks pretty simple and is way easier on the brakes!
Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,069 Posts
Here's dragrcr, sounds like 2nd gear?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’m waiting for the weather to clear so I can get 500 miles on my new 1320. I have a question though regarding proper burnout procedure. In my designated drag car ( with 2 speed power glide), I start the burnout in first and then quickly shift to second for the remainder of the burnout. In my dragster ( also with a power glide ) , I do the whole burnout in second. What is the proper procedure in my 1320? Do you start in1st and shift to second or leave it in automatic mode and let it shift on its own or what? I’ll be using the line lock feature as that looks pretty simple and is way easier on the brakes!
Ive only taken the 1320 to the strip a couple times but found 2nd gear gets the tires hot enough, not so much in first. Need a good water box - on 305s. I like the line lock - works as intened but the transbrake is a frickin joke. I dont play video games and if you do it might work better for you. I want to wire the transbrake to a button instead of having to do 5 things as you stage. Guess they had to do it that way so someone didnt hit the brake while driving and grenade the tranny. A simple switch to activate the button should solve that.

The1320 is a cool car. Trying to resist the temptation to cam and tune it but since I think I'll keep the HC stock the 1320 will likley get molested lol. I think they are built to beat on more so than the HC, super sport/demon excluded of course.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,668 Posts
In the supercharged cars I do my burnout in second gear manual at 5000-6000 RPM. I try to keep it more like 6000 so it will sometimes bounce off the rev limiter and in that case I try to dial it back a little. I do this because I like the control I have. If you leave it in Drive you either boil the tires or the car will upshift too much and then the tires recover before I like.

I start in first gear. I boot the throttle and as long as you are real aggressive then the car will force a shift to second gear on it's own. You get used to the sound. If it fails to shift to second I just grab the right paddle once.

Scat Pack 1320 should work the same. Except you will carry a lot more throttle opening I assume. And it may not force a shift to second.

The line lock is simple enough as long as you follow the rules. Never touch the brake pedal. After you set it and take you foot all the way off the brake pedal, you MUST count to 3 before touching the gas pedal (allows the brake pedal to relax fully). Only touch the OK button. Touching any other buttons may cause it to cancel.

If you limp you MUST take responsibility for control of the vehicle and count to 10 before it will reset. That means, foot off the gas, foot on the brake and come to a dead stop, finger off the OK and count.

I was told that extended periods will not hurt the ABS controller. So best to set the line lock ASAP and wait for the signal. Left foot on the dead pedal, right foot at the ready but OFF brake and gas pedals.

Also if you depress the gas pedal more than like 30% and then release I think it will cancel. If you spin the rear tire at all and then stop it will cancel. So if you start your burnout at all and then for some reason you stop, it will cancel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, this is helpful. I think I’ll do it like I do like my race car. Hit it in first to get it going then shift to second.
775Cat, if you figure out how to wire the TB to button let me know, that would be great. Most tracks don’t allow a trans brake in the Street legal classes anyway. They are allowed in the
NHRA Pro class however , but the 1320 is a little slow for Pro.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Something else, you can also use the line lock as launch control🤭😉. Just let go of the ok button and ease into the gas, much better then the launch control. Since you bury your foot all the way down with the launch control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts