SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a little puddle of water under my car, it was found right in the middle of the car. It appears to be condensation leaking from the exhaust as the car warms up after cold start. Is this normal?

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
338 Posts
When you saw the car in the morning, did it have it's rear tires crossed waiting to go to the bathroom?? lol :D

In all seriousness, I'd also say that it was either the AC or just condensation from the exhaust. Keep an eye out for it to verify where it's coming from.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
All cars need to leak AC water so your carpet survives;)

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
9,281 Posts
After washing water will puddle in the middle of mine. It is neither condensation nor AC. Early in its life before receiving real brake pads and not the scouring nasty OEM ones the water was black with brake dust also.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It did not look like dirty water, it looks like it could be brake dust floating on the water.
I was guessing that it was some kind of drain for condensation half way down the exhaust.......

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,650 Posts
thought cats were better trained than that...

try a litter box

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,650 Posts
If you start finding solids under your cat you've got real issues!

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put the car up on my buddies lift for an oil change. I see the source of the puddle. Both the left and right side exhaust pipes are leaking where they are clamped in the middle of the car. I don't hear an exhaust leak, but the condensation in the exhaust during cold start is certainly leaking..... Darn!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.