SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking at 3 different chargers
2016 billet silver 4K miles HK radio, roof, stripes, black wheels $50,800 one owner

2017 destroyer gray 15k miles , HK radio, roof, brass monkey $50,500 one owner

2017 go green 9 k miles , HK, roof, stripes, brass monkey $54,000 two owner

Just looking for perspective. Whats reasonable for price, miles etc. History of these cars scare me not knowing who owned them. Some warranty left on 3/36 but only to match on the 2016. Thoughts?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,321 Posts
There are plenty of low mileage used ones out there for under $50k-ish. The green 2017 is overpriced. The other two are more in line with pricing and so I would just go with the 4k one if color wasnt an issue. Being one year older is a fair trade imo for the lower miles. Not to mention nicer wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are plenty of low mileage used ones out there for under $50k-ish. The green 2017 is overpriced. The other two are more in line with pricing and so I would just go with the 4k one if color wasnt an issue. Being one year older is a fair trade imo for the lower miles. Not to mention nicer wheels.
I screwed up. The 2017 destroyer grey does have brass monkey wheels also. Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,321 Posts
I screwed up. The 2017 destroyer grey does have brass monkey wheels also. Thanks for your thoughts!
Personally not a fan of the BM’s although I love the slingshots so it wouldnt be a deal breaker. I’d still go with the 2016.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Slowpoke387 He neglected to mention originally that these are chargers. Does that change your opinion on pricing/mileage at all? In regards to which car you would choose that is.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,321 Posts
@Slowpoke387 He neglected to mention originally that these are chargers. Does that change your opinion on pricing/mileage at all? In regards to which car you would choose that is.
I will admit I initially missed that part but I think relative to each other my choice would be the same in the end. Still prefer the black Slingshots on the lowest mileage choice. Actually that makes the 2016 even a better deal imo.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,412 Posts
BM wheels look good on Destroyer Grey. Not sure how the Charger packages work but I would avoid anything with the base stereo. At least have the alpine if not the HK. As other said the Green Go is a bit overpriced by comparison.
Do the 17s have apple car play? That would be a big decider for me. I use it constantly and really like it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Both
BM wheels look good on Destroyer Grey. Not sure how the Charger packages work but I would avoid anything with the base stereo. At least have the alpine if not the HK. As other said the Green Go is a bit overpriced by comparison.
Do the 17s have apple car play? That would be a big decider for me. I use it constantly and really like it
Both the ‘16 billet silver and ‘17 Go Green have the HK premium sound system with 19 speakers. The ‘16 does not have Apple Car Play, the ’17 does.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,412 Posts
Were it me, Id go for the Green Go because of the car play, sunroof and unique color but only IF I could get the price down around $50k. For the others Id want them under $50k. I bought my HC Challenger used with 9800 miles on it, drove it for 20k and loved it. The car was a beast. Had drive shaft carrier bearing and fuel pump go bad and a tiny weep in the radiator which was an early 15 problem. All fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
136 Posts
For those prices, you can spend just a tiny bit more and get a brand new 2019. I'd do that, then you know the driving history.

Or this one.. I love this Octane Red.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,321 Posts
For those prices, you can spend just a tiny bit more and get a brand new 2019. I'd do that, then you know the driving history.

Or this one.. I love this Octane Red.
A TINY bit more might get you a sort of stripped down down new one. You wont be buying a comparably equipped one in the 50’s, especially a Charger. Although the deals there are pretty insane if you find something you like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Were it me, Id go for the Green Go because of the car play, sunroof and unique color but only IF I could get the price down around $50k. For the others Id want them under $50k. I bought my HC Challenger used with 9800 miles on it, drove it for 20k and loved it. The car was a beast. Had drive shaft carrier bearing and fuel pump go bad and a tiny weep in the radiator which was an early 15 problem. All fixed under warranty.
We ended up with the Green Go and I don’t think I could love it more!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts