SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from DFW. Name's Patrick. I do semiconductor R&D. I have advanced degrees in both Physics and Mathematics. I love Tex-Mex food and sangria swirl margaritas. I was a submariner in the US Navy (hooyah!). And I love Dodge Challengers! I think they're the best looking production car available and good power to match.

I've been visiting this forum for many years. The wait is finally over and I'm going to get a Challenger. I've been wanting one for years, but one thing or another has held me back. Now, I'm trying to exercise patience in hoping they'll come out with the rumored 426 7.0L NA HO, but if it doesn't happen by summer, I'm pulling the trigger on a 392. It's going to be a "company car" so, thankfully, I won't have to mess with haggling the price. I am going to order a 2020 widebody scat pack in F8 green, but I'm hoping to be able to put on a shaker hood since that's my favorite look. I'm particulary interested in painting the hood scoop and trim ring to match the body color, as well. Once I saw the 50th anniversary widebody edition, I knew that's what I wanted (sans the matte black hood). Plus, every time I see a shaker hood in person, the black scoop just looks a little off, to me. Also, I wish the Indigo blue was darker, then I'd consider it, but green is my favorite color, so...

I was going to post a query, here, but I'll post in what I hope is a more appropriate forum. I look forward to chatting with ya'll.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,395 Posts
Welcome! Have a friend of mine that was a nuke tech on a sub at one point, and is an avid runner. I asked him once how he kept up with running on an attack sub rotation, and he told me "it's just a lot of really short laps around a desk chair in the reactor room" LOL

AI and manufacturing guy here. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. Hardest part of sub duty for me was the 18 hour days. Difficult to re-acclimate when returning to port. That, and when we surface to recirculate the air. Talk about forced ear popping. Best part was when we popped up through the ice at the North Pole. That was very cool (pun intended).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts