SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Amsoil AZQFT and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Pure both 0w40 and Amsoil is compatible MS12633 Chrysler

^^^^^^^^^update 3/1/2015 member TallCool1 says Amsoil mislead me that it is API certified when in fact it is not API certified and I apologize to everyone who read this thinking it was. So for now if you're really interested in API licensed then stick with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Pure for now.^^^^^^^^^

Pennzoil is already certified since they won the bid against Mobil 1 with Chrysler for Dodge.

^^^^^^^update 3/1/2015 - Keep in mind my Dodge dealership uses a Pennzoil full synthetic blend NOT Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Plus, this is especially important for those who got that first year free oil changes for your hellcat when you bought it like me. Make sure to check with your Dodge Service Department dealership to see if they actually use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Pure.^^^^^^^

Also got the Genuine Mopar Oil filter I think it was solo7777 who helped me find the part numbers for the Pennzoil and Mopar oil filter on Amazon so thanks

I'll have to decide what brand to use come Monday morning at my dealership. My sales guy said he spoke to the service department manager and they will have the Dodge Viper SRT looking into the coolant oil and engine oil draining for the hellcat and do my oil change even though the SRT Viper hardly works on anything else except Vipers.

Material property Technology
Liquid Auto part

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
339 Posts
I didn't realize there was an approved Amsoil product for the Hellcat. This is excellent news, as I love their products (used to be a "dealer" to get a discounted price). Can you post links to the amazon products?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't realize there was an approved Amsoil product for the Hellcat. This is excellent news, as I love their products (used to be a "dealer" to get a discounted price). Can you post links to the amazon products?
Well you can use the part numbers in the pics it's quicker :D

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
339 Posts
Reactions: devildoghellcat

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
Keep in mind Dodge dealership will use a Pennzoil full synthetic blend NOT Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Plus, this is especially important for those who got that first year free oil changes for your hellcat when you bought it like me.
Varies by dealer. My dealer used the exact same Pennzoil you have shown on my oil change.

Oh and thanks to tsc for helping me with the coolant oil must be drained with engine oil part too
No problem. :)

Reactions: Carnage

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
Oh and thanks to tsc for helping me with the coolant oil must be drained with engine oil part too
WTH is coolant oil? Coolant + oil = your milkshake brings all the mechanics and warranty claims to your yard!

Do you mean oil cooler oil?...same oil as the rest of the system, just has to be drained at a different spot because it's off to the side and low in the oil cooler...if you want to get *most* of the old oil out.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WTH is coolant oil? Coolant + oil = your milkshake brings all the mechanics and warranty claims to your yard!

Do you mean oil cooler oil?...same oil as the rest of the system, just has to be drained at a different spot because it's off to the side and low in the oil cooler...if you want to get *most* of the old oil out.
LOL *looks over at tsc *

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
lol I knew what he meant.. Yes he means draining the oil from the oil cooler to prevent 1) old oil from staying in the system and 2) overfill.

Reactions: devildoghellcat

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
912 Posts
Great Info HCDC and a good reminder. I know this was discussed before and Dr. Buick gave us insight on the oil filter.

Oh, and thanks for the pictures.....I love pictures so I don't have to think too hard. Lol :D

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.