SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some insight into buying a used 2016 with only 12K miles on it for $52,000 in beautiful shape but should I wait for 2020 HC.

Thank you for insight into the 2016 Pros and Cons for that particular year.

Appreciate all help.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
402 Posts
I'm not one for buying used. I always order new the way I want it. If you are considering a 2020, then that indicates you can afford it. I'd wait since it's only a few months out... you've waited this long. A few more months and you can have a HC the way you want it with the color and interior you want.

My lease ends in 2022... I'm looking for a Charger WB RE by then :D

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,982 Posts
I need some insight into buying a used 2016 with only 12K miles on it for $52,000 in beautiful shape but should I wait for 2020 HC.

Thank you for insight into the 2016 Pros and Cons for that particular year.

Appreciate all help.
Look nationwide, you should be able to find a 16 with a lot less mileage for that price, or a lot less money for the same mileage.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
42 Posts
2016 doesn't have auto windows up... definitely not a deal breaker for most, but the functionality would be nice. Believe they added it starting 2017.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I have a 16, I’d rather a 17, I like the features it has that my 16 doesn’t nor can be upgraded too like the uconnect unit.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,982 Posts
2016 doesn't have auto windows up... definitely not a deal breaker for most, but the functionality would be nice. Believe they added it starting 2017.
Not the Challenger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
161 Posts
I picked up my 2016 Hellcat Challenger for just under $49,800 with 4,200 miles on the car. Either negotiate down or find a lower mileage car bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
In The Market
130 Posts
I picked up my 2016 Hellcat Challenger for just under $49,800 with 4,200 miles on the car. Either negotiate down or find a lower mileage car bud.

What difference does 8k miles make?

Car is out of warranty one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I bought my 16 with 7300 miles on it for 45,500, cherry, loaded all options M6, plastic protector still on nav panel and spoiler protectors still on it. I agree, you could probably do better.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,010 Posts
My 2016 Charger has auto windows up on both sides. I think the Challenger only has driver side auto up? No cons. It is simply awesome

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
960 Posts
I remember in 2016 they made a lot of HC's. I also remember when the 2017's came out there was a shit load of 2016's out there and they had a killer lease program 5k down 500 a month. I almost got one but decided to wait and order which worked for me so I'm guessing going to be quite a few lease returns so should be a lot of options for a buyer now.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Warranty starts from day it was first sold from dealer lot, my 16 was May of 2017 so still under warranty until May 2020 (well, some of it at least lol)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
Challengers, like other frameless doors, do not have auto up windows.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,470 Posts
My 2016 Charger has auto windows up on both sides. I think the Challenger only has driver side auto up? No cons. It is simply awesome
Negative. And it drives me nuts. No auto up windows at all on Challengers. Any year.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,470 Posts
I have a 16, I’d rather a 17, I like the features it has that my 16 doesn’t nor can be upgraded too like the uconnect unit.
Weird. There’ s nothing on the ‘17 that i would rather have. The newer Uconnect is super glitchy. The Apple Carplay is kind of a non issue for me. And the wheels are way uglier to me too. Love my ‘16.

·
Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.
Challenger SRT Hellcat
736 Posts
Interested in a 16 B5 with less than 8K on the ODO? M6 Stock. Seen rain 4 times. Totaled I'm sure. $48k. No damage history, and for another $2000 I'll throw in a set of nice 2017 5 spokes with all seasons too.
New projects needed.
L J

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,802 Posts
I bought my 16 with 7300 miles on it for 45,500, cherry, loaded all options M6, plastic protector still on nav panel and spoiler protectors still on it. I agree, you could probably do better.
It’s a m6 that’s why it’s cheap

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
161 Posts

Let’s make it 30K miles then....pay the same price, it doesn’t make a difference according to you.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Weird. There’ s nothing on the ‘17 that i would rather have. The newer Uconnect is super glitchy. The Apple Carplay is kind of a non issue for me. And the wheels are way uglier to me too. Love my ‘16.
I Love my 16 also just wish putting a updated interface panel in it was possible.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts