SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! New to the room. I've contacted 100+ dealers in the last week almost all outside Cali for an unspoken for allocation.Must be a MANUAL, and after that prefer Pearl White with black interior, Laguna, summer tires and red seatbelts, but I'm flexible except for the transmission.

I thought '13 and '14 Shelby GT500 allocations were tight and eventually got my '13 at $1K over invoice and a '14 order at $1500 over invoice. I heard the C7 Z06 was gonna be tough to get and even though I'm number 46 on a list of a dealer with 96 allocations, because most people want an auto and the verts are delayed too, I could have ordered a month ago.

But THIS ride!!!???...it's like waaaay the hell harder to find. I know I'm getting started late, but the hunt is a big part of the fun for me...at least for the first 100 dealers or so. Beyond that, it's getting to be a grind!

I'm guessing you've all heard the same question a thousand times by now, but flame suit on, I'll ask it anyway.

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,193 Posts
Mopars are hard to get sometimes. Remember the Fords have been out for several years. I was lucky to get my GT500 convertible for well below MSRP. Converts don't sell well here in Crapsonsin ( land of snow and salt on the roads)

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Hi all! New to the room. I've contacted 100+ dealers in the last week almost all outside Cali for an unspoken for allocation.Must be a MANUAL, and after that prefer Pearl White with black interior, Laguna, summer tires and red seatbelts, but I'm flexible except for the transmission.

I thought '13 and '14 Shelby GT500 allocations were tight and eventually got my '13 at $1K over invoice and a '14 order at $1500 over invoice. I heard the C7 Z06 was gonna be tough to get and even though I'm number 46 on a list of a dealer with 96 allocations, because most people want an auto and the verts are delayed too, I could have ordered a month ago.

But THIS ride!!!???...it's like waaaay the hell harder to find. I know I'm getting started late, but the hunt is a big part of the fun for me...at least for the first 100 dealers or so. Beyond that, it's getting to be a grind!

I'm guessing you've all heard the same question a thousand times by now, but flame suit on, I'll ask it anyway.
I thought I read that you found one and was looking for another one for others? Did you find one?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
My dealer tells me mine will be picked up mid Dec. I am in middle TN. Not going to be getting my Kitty no more. Toooo much $$$$. Going today to pick up 2015 392 instead. More my price range(I have a Bass Fishing addiction! Bass Boats are $$$$). If anybody would like to take it over post your contact info. Dealership has been very good so far. Granit Crystal Metallic, 8sd auto, navigation, summer tires. Got it for $64,075 on my POC, no mark up. I will be talking to the dealership today to make sure its OK to do this or get my deposit back. You might be able to change color Etc.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
My dealer tells me mine will be picked up mid Dec. I am in middle TN. Not going to be getting my Kitty no more. Toooo much $$$$. Going today to pick up 2015 392 instead. More my price range(I have a Bass Fishing addiction! Bass Boats are $$$$). If anybody would like to take it over post your contact info. Dealership has been very good so far. Granit Crystal Metallic, 8sd auto, navigation, summer tires. Got it for $64,075 on my POC, no mark up. I will be talking to the dealership today to make sure its OK to do this or get my deposit back. You might be able to change color Etc.
Congrats on your car! Thanks for letting others know about your Hellcat. Enjoy your new car and Bass fishing, both are a blast!:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,449 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought I read that you found one and was looking for another one for others? Did you find one?
all that I've found that are either in-transit or already at the dealer, they're wanting ADM on.

I'm not looking for something for nothing and will try to contribute as I can to the forum. I do appreciate the reply.

for example, there are two at Parkway Chrysler in Michigan on the lot, but after emailing with them for a couple of days, they told me they're putting them on flea bay. 'buy it now' price was $6K over msrp. so, I can see that getting around a huge markup is a huge part of actually getting one's butt in the driver's seat of one's own Hellcat.

·
<Insert witty title here>
Charger SRT Hellcat
510 Posts
all that I've found that are either in-transit or already at the dealer, they're wanting ADM on.

I'm not looking for something for nothing and will try to contribute as I can to the forum. I do appreciate the reply.

for example, there are two at Parkway Chrysler in Michigan on the lot, but after emailing with them for a couple of days, they told me they're putting them on flea bay. 'buy it now' price was $6K over msrp. so, I can see that getting around a huge markup is a huge part of actually getting one's butt in the driver's seat of one's own Hellcat.
With all the fees eBay charges, EVERY Hellcat on the auction site will have to sell over MSRP just to cover the fees. This isn't to say they are padding the markup, too, but the majority of the markup will cover fees.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With all the fees eBay charges, EVERY Hellcat on the auction site will have to sell over MSRP just to cover the fees. This isn't to say they are padding the markup, too, but the majority of the markup will cover fees.
I hear ya, and yes it costs to sell on there but I was good-to-go on the Red/black manual with Laguna so there's an ADM component in there for sure or they could have moved it before putting it on there if they wanted to. they had "final price" as the msrp price on their dealership website before they went the auction route.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if for example the 'cat was $63,9xxx and they say the 'buy it now price' is $69,9xxx, how much do you suppose fees are?

are fees like a flat rate + some proportion of the selling price?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
I hear ya, and yes it costs to sell on there but I was good-to-go on the Red/black manual with Laguna so there's an ADM component in there for sure or they could have moved it before putting it on there if they wanted to. they had "final price" as the msrp price on their dealership website before they went the auction route.
The dealers sometimes use the websites for bait & switch scams, the price will look sweet, you'll see the car, get all giddied up, then you are just one of the many rubes (like me, I've tried repeatedly) to get lured to their site or showroom, and they try to flip you to a regular SRT 392, or how about stepping way UP, in price, and maybe get the next Hellcat? Always an excuse, usually blamed on a computer glitch, for listing that hot vehicle at a low price, as we all know how inanimate objects often pull those pesky bait and switch schemes?!
Lots of people on this site tout how they never pay over MSRP, and nobody should, and that Hellcats are available for just sticker price with a little effort, blah blah blah. I myself have found otherwise. Locally, the closest dealer sold their only two at over $95K (including Tax, delivery, title,lic, but still more than $25K above sticker) and they almost laughed at me when I politely asked if giving them ten grand, cash, in advance, might get me one MANY MONTHS FROM NOW, at $10K ABOVE MSRP, they told me flat out "NO CHANCE". Another said their backlog is so deep at $5K above retail that they aren't taking any more names or orders as they will get few if any allocated and are certainly unable to fill their existing waiting orders. (Note, this process commenced and started repeatin' all almost two months ago, and none of the demand here has been satiated, so nothing has changed, I get runaround, or no encouragement, every place I try.) Thus, I can be like everybody says is 'right', and demand MSRP, and only WATCH VIDEOS of the Hellcat but perhaps never get to drive one myself...Thankfully, as I sit in the shadows, forever envious of every Hellcat owner, I can cry myself to sleep with the reassurance that 'at least I didn't pay above sticker', repeating again and again in my brain...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
your not going to get one right now.....id sit tight for 6 months.....start your search over in March/April....ill bet you will find one for sticker by then....right now its senseless to try unless you feel like paying $5-10k over sticker

im planning on waiting until they are under sticker....paying full sticker makes me sick....paying above sticker makes me vomit

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The dealers sometimes use the websites for bait & switch scams, the price will look sweet, you'll see the car, get all giddied up, then you are just one of the many rubes (like me, I've tried repeatedly) to get lured to their site or showroom, and they try to flip you to a regular SRT 392, or how about stepping way UP, in price, and maybe get the next Hellcat? Always an excuse, usually blamed on a computer glitch, for listing that hot vehicle at a low price, as we all know how inanimate objects often pull those pesky bait and switch schemes?!
Lots of people on this site tout how they never pay over MSRP, and nobody should, and that Hellcats are available for just sticker price with a little effort, blah blah blah. I myself have found otherwise. Locally, the closest dealer sold their only two at over $95K (including Tax, delivery, title,lic, but still more than $25K above sticker) and they almost laughed at me when I politely asked if giving them ten grand, cash, in advance, might get me one MANY MONTHS FROM NOW, at $10K ABOVE MSRP, they told me flat out "NO CHANCE". Another said their backlog is so deep at $5K above retail that they aren't taking any more names or orders as they will get few if any allocated and are certainly unable to fill their existing waiting orders. (Note, this process commenced and started repeatin' all almost two months ago, and none of the demand here has been satiated, so nothing has changed, I get runaround, or no encouragement, every place I try.) Thus, I can be like everybody says is 'right', and demand MSRP, and only WATCH VIDEOS of the Hellcat but perhaps never get to drive one myself...Thankfully, as I sit in the shadows, forever envious of every Hellcat owner, I can cry myself to sleep with the reassurance that 'at least I didn't pay above sticker', repeating again and again in my brain...
yeh, what 'a little' effort gets you is the knowledge that 'a little' effort isn't gonna cut it unless you're 'a lot' lucky. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
yeh, what 'a little' effort gets you is the knowledge that 'a little' effort isn't gonna cut it unless you're 'a lot' lucky. :)
Indeed.
I just added my name to yet another waiting list, last week. It's at MSRP, but again, the list is long, and it's been stated that production of the 2015 models ends in July, so there is no telling how many names will be whittled down, and for the rest, whose name never gets called, well, guess there is always youtube, to help us to 'pretend' we are driving a Hellcat...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Indeed.
I just added my name to yet another waiting list, last week. It's at MSRP, but again, the list is long, and it's been stated that production of the 2015 models ends in July, so there is no telling how many names will be whittled down, and for the rest, whose name never gets called, well, guess there is always youtube, to help us to 'pretend' we are driving a Hellcat...
as long as you have to rely on fantasy, don't forget to download the ringtones too

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I WAS EMAILING A BUNCH OF DEALERS ONE AFTER ANOTHER AFTER ANOTHER AND SOMEHOW CONTACTED THIS ONE BELOW, WHICH IS IN WA STATE. I'LL TRY NOT TO BE PUTTING A TON OF POSTS ON HERE UNLESS I GET THE SENSE THERE at least MIGHT BE SOMETHING USEFUL IN THEM....HERE'S THE ONE I SPEAK OF. (He seems to be mentioning WBC also, which I believe is Western British Columbia). I GET THE SENSE HE'S SAYING HE HAS 1 AVAILABLE ALLOC ALONG WITH THE 3 IN BUILD STATUS, BUT I'M NOT SURE BECAUSE I DIDN'T FOLLOW UP WITH HIM YET. IF YOU'D LIKE TO LOOK INTO THIS FOR YOURSELF, GO FOR IT. an email or a phone call should clear that up for you:

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

While it appears you are familiar with the automobile business and some of the internal workings, you are unfamiliar with Chrysler and in particular the Hellcat allocation. There is no specific dealer ‘allocation’ that is triggering customer orders being built. The actual ‘allocations’ or ‘build guarantees’ for the Hellcat were given to the business centers, not to the dealers, and in the West BC there were 4. These were the ONLY guaranteed builds. Every business center received an extremely limited amount of the guarantees which were given out to select owners and dealer principals for their own car or special customers etc. None of the 4 in the WBC were stock orders, none were used for average customer orders such as yours.

We have ordered, and are in build status, three Hellcats, using the unique system Chrysler has put into place for dealer provided customer orders, which I outlined in a previous email.

I have discussed this extensively with our Area Sales Manager, and our General Manager, and I am unsure as to why you would feel I need to discuss this with our Used Car Manager, or an owner of a dealership in Vermont.
Clearly I don’t have to explain to you why the Hellcat is a superior vehicle, and if you would like to order one please provide the information as I requested below and I will begin the process.

Regards
Paul Jarolimek
Senior Sales Consultant / Internet Manager / Finance
Town Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Wenatchee
1001 N Miller St
509-264-4008
509-888-9595
[email protected]
http://townchryslerjeepdodge.com

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HERE'S ONE IN NEW MEXICO THAT SAYS THEY DO HAVE AN AVAILABLE ALLOCATION BUT IT'LL BE $5k OVER MSRP:

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: RE: RE: Challenger Hellcat
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

XXXXXXXXXXXX,
We do have an available allocation but Chrysler has informed
us that when we place the order, there is no definite time frame for
when they will build it. It could be anywhere from 3-9 months.

Andy Twentyman
Marc Nussbaumer
Internet Team
505 428-5630 Desk
505 699-7593 Cell

DO YOU RIGHT NOW HAVE AN UNSPOKEN FOR ALLOCATION FOR A CHALLENGER HELLCAT?

XXXXXX XXXXXXX

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Challenger Hellcat
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 xxxxxxxxxxx

Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Santa Fe

Welcome!

Hello XXXXXXXXXXX, We can order you a Hellcat for $5,000 over MSRP. Let us know if you are interested.

Sincerely,Andy Twentyman Marc Nussbaumer
Internet Team(505) 699-7593
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Lithia CJD of Santa Fe | 4470 Cerrillos Rd | Santa Fe, NM 87507 | (866) 377-7969

If you wish to no longer receive any future emails from Lithia Motors please click here:
This email was delivered to you by Lithia Motors.
Thank you.

Lithia CJD of Santa Fe | 4470 Cerrillos Rd | Santa Fe, NM 87507 | (866) 377-7969

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
I WAS EMAILING A BUNCH OF DEALERS ONE AFTER ANOTHER AFTER ANOTHER AND SOMEHOW CONTACTED THIS ONE BELOW, WHICH IS IN WA STATE. I'LL TRY NOT TO BE PUTTING A TON OF POSTS ON HERE UNLESS I GET THE SENSE THERE at least MIGHT BE SOMETHING USEFUL IN THEM....HERE'S THE ONE I SPEAK OF. (He seems to be mentioning WBC also, which I believe is Western British Columbia). I GET THE SENSE HE'S SAYING HE HAS 1 AVAILABLE ALLOC ALONG WITH THE 3 IN BUILD STATUS, BUT I'M NOT SURE BECAUSE I DIDN'T FOLLOW UP WITH HIM YET. IF YOU'D LIKE TO LOOK INTO THIS FOR YOURSELF, GO FOR IT. an email or a phone call should clear that up for you:

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

While it appears you are familiar with the automobile business and some of the internal workings, you are unfamiliar with Chrysler and in particular the Hellcat allocation. There is no specific dealer ‘allocation’ that is triggering customer orders being built. The actual ‘allocations’ or ‘build guarantees’ for the Hellcat were given to the business centers, not to the dealers, and in the West BC there were 4. These were the ONLY guaranteed builds. Every business center received an extremely limited amount of the guarantees which were given out to select owners and dealer principals for their own car or special customers etc. None of the 4 in the WBC were stock orders, none were used for average customer orders such as yours.

We have ordered, and are in build status, three Hellcats, using the unique system Chrysler has put into place for dealer provided customer orders, which I outlined in a previous email.

I have discussed this extensively with our Area Sales Manager, and our General Manager, and I am unsure as to why you would feel I need to discuss this with our Used Car Manager, or an owner of a dealership in Vermont.
Clearly I don’t have to explain to you why the Hellcat is a superior vehicle, and if you would like to order one please provide the information as I requested below and I will begin the process.

Regards
Paul Jarolimek
Senior Sales Consultant / Internet Manager / Finance
Town Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Wenatchee
1001 N Miller St
509-264-4008
509-888-9595
[email protected]
http://townchryslerjeepdodge.com
I wonder if deputy**** contacted them? He is in that area. Can't remember his forum name. He might be interested. I will let him know when I see him on the forum.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.