SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When accelerating at 90+ mph I sometimes hear a loud screech coming from drivers side. Not sure if it's window, wheels, diff or somewhere under car. I was checking weather stripping and noticed this :

Would this cause the screeching I'm hearing? I also noticed it's torn on the other side, but I only hear it on drivers side.

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,490 Posts

I took the Hellcat to the Dealership this morning and the tech. adjusted the window.
Before any adjustments, he took a dollar bill and placed it at the top of the window and closed it. Then slowly pulled the dollar bill out. You could definitely tell a difference between the drivers side and the passenger side window. The passenger side window was tighter and could feel that when you pulled the dollar bill out.
After the adjustments, the tech told me the window was as far up as it would go, but he adjusted the tilt of the window so that it tilted inward more. He said he had a little tilt adjustment left, but he wanted to try it at this setting.
Well that must have been all it needed because I took it out later and ran it up to Ludicrous speed several times and never encountered any squealing from the window like before.
Cliff notes: Adjusting window tilt solved problem.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I took the Hellcat to the Dealership this morning and the tech. adjusted the window.
Before any adjustments, he took a dollar bill and placed it at the top of the window and closed it. Then slowly pulled the dollar bill out. You could definitely tell a difference between the drivers side and the passenger side window. The passenger side window was tighter and could feel that when you pulled the dollar bill out.
After the adjustments, the tech told me the window was as far up as it would go, but he adjusted the tilt of the window so that it tilted inward more. He said he had a little tilt adjustment left, but he wanted to try it at this setting.
Well that must have been all it needed because I took it out later and ran it up to Ludicrous speed several times and never encountered any squealing from the window like before.
Cliff notes: Adjusting window tilt solved problem.

Thats the noise! I'll see if I can have someone adjust the window for me. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts