SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
2,697 Posts
Reactions: projoe86

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Can't wait to see the finished look!
Thanks, my appointment moved to next week. The shop got so crazy busy because this nice weather we had the past couple days on the east coast.

Reactions: Cockeyed

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have the same black calipers on my '17 Daytona. When new, they were flat black. They have since turned flat gray. After speaking with Mopar tech support, I was told the reason they turned gray is because the cleaner I was using was improper PH level. Therefore, not a manufacturer's defect. After much research, I have come to the conclusion that most wheel cleaners are too alkali (PH > 7). The most readily available cleaner I found that is PH neutral is dishwashing liquid. Since my Daytona is Destroyer Gray, I am not overly concerned about the now gray calipers. If you want your black calipers to stay black, I would recommend using only dishwashing liquid on the wheels and calipers.
That’s BS. For 500 bux extra they should look MINTO. Not like a down grade from standard red Calipers that you get for Zilch. I’ll show you guys what 600 bux really gets you from a nice shop when finished. So for the next guy don’t bother spending the extra $ on the colored Calipers. You’ll get a custom look for not much more aftermarket.

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,034 Posts
That’s BS. For 500 bux extra they should look MINTO. Not like a down grade from standard red Calipers that you get for Zilch. I’ll show you guys what 600 bux really gets you from a nice shop when finished. So for the next guy don’t bother spending the extra $ on the colored Calipers. You’ll get a custom look for not much more aftermarket.
AFAIK, all '17 Daytonas had black calipers. Not an option. Definitely didn't pay extra for them.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
AFAIK, all '17 Daytonas had black calipers. Not an option. Definitely didn't pay extra for them.
Nice so the leftover 17’ Daytona Calipers is what I Got haha.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
2,697 Posts
That's what I'm talking about!

I have the HR5 rims on the rear and the stock rims on the front so I have 2 different sets of gorilla locks on the front and back, not taking my rims unless you steal the car!
And dodge the bullets while trying! (pun intended)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
My '12 SuperBee had black calipers and from that point on I vowed to never own another black Brembo calipered car. I hated how the black turned really flat after a few thousand miles. My SRT Jeep had red calipers and I loved them. Gotta show off those big brakes with bright colors!!!

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,034 Posts
My '12 SuperBee had black calipers and from that point on I vowed to never own another black Brembo calipered car. I hated how the black turned really flat after a few thousand miles. My SRT Jeep had red calipers and I loved them. Gotta show off those big brakes with bright colors!!!
My reasoning for getting the Daytona instead of the SRT, other than the lack of adaptive suspension (which I had no need of), was the black Brembos. I thought the red Brembos on the SRT would look really goofy on a Destroyer Grey Charger with flat black trim and graphics package.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,533 Posts
My reasoning for getting the Daytona instead of the SRT, other than the lack of adaptive suspension (which I had no need of), was the black Brembos. I thought the red Brembos on the SRT would look really goofy on a Destroyer Grey Charger with flat black trim and graphics package.
Are we the only two who realize the bright red Brembo color really don't look good with all body colors? For example with Octane Red.

You guys who like it, put on a weird bright colored pink/red shirt and a wine colored sweater for me and tell me what it looks like.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Are we the only two who realize the bright red Brembo color really don't look good with all body colors? For example with Octane Red.

You guys who like it, put on a weird bright colored pink/red shirt and a wine colored sweater for me and tell me what it looks like.
Just get the stock ones and have them repainted for 600 bux in any finish you want. All you can do really, complaining makes no difference. The stock red ones are too bright and the black ones have a crappy finish... so I say repaint! And you shall be happy hah.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Oh now that SUCKS.... I hope you catch the turds that stole them.
It’s all good, I don’t own that car anymore. It worked out. It had brand new wheels on it when I traded it in after the insurance claim.. Bumped my value up a bit.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts

I do agree, red doesn’t go with every color. But you do have the option of gunmetal and orange. I hated the flat black. Gloss block would’ve looked 10 times better, imo. I could’ve lived with that.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It seems like the piece with brembo writing and logo has a different finish than the rest of the caliper.. same on mine too. How is that even possible? Do they stamp that piece on somehow haha?
Mine looked terrible until I ceramic coated them. Now I sorta like them, the ceramic coating evened out all the blotchiness

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It seems like the piece with brembo writing and logo has a different finish than the rest of the caliper.. same on mine too. How is that even possible? Do they stamp that piece on somehow haha?
Can’t wait to repaint mine.. I’m tired of looking at the white writing and the overall lack of good finish. It looks like poo. It’s gotta go haha.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Can’t wait to repaint mine.. I’m tired of looking at the white writing and the overall lack of good finish. It looks like poo. It’s gotta go haha.
I want my Calipers to be the icing on the cake when I put the Gloss Black repos on.. not the Eye sore next to the cake.. you follow me homies? :D

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
890 Posts
Same here. I'm more of a "under the radar" sort of guy, so I dig the overall stealthy look of Destroyer Gray and all black trim. It's kind of a bummer that the finish sucks on the brakes, but at least Daytona/Scat Pack owners didn't have to pay extra for crappy black brakes, unlike HC owners. ;)

That pad is machined flat and most of the rest of the caliper is just the raw casting so the coating adheres differently to those surfaces. Would have been nice if they just did a normal gloss black powder coat/paint.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Same here. I'm more of a "under the radar" sort of guy, so I dig the overall stealthy look of Destroyer Gray and all black trim. It's kind of a bummer that the finish sucks on the brakes, but at least Daytona/Scat Pack owners didn't have to pay extra for crappy black brakes, unlike HC owners. ;)

That pad is machined flat and most of the rest of the caliper is just the raw casting so the coating adheres differently to those surfaces. Would have been nice if they just did a normal gloss black powder coat/paint.
I want to say useful and agree to that.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts