SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I mean most people wouldn’t even notice the brakes paint imperfections.. but since I’ve been doing more little customizations on my vehicle I just decided it’s one more thing to make look a little nicer and stand out from the pack..

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,534 Posts
Mine looked terrible until I ceramic coated them. Now I sorta like them, the ceramic coating evened out all the blotchiness
The folks who are bidding on my protection want to do that. Thanks for sharing. Plus when I race and dust them up big time, they will clean off more easy then.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Calipers all done. Very pleased with the results. I did the rear valance in the black gloss (we pulled the same paint code for the pitch black charger):):cool:

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
Is that a dark metallic red? What size are your wheels? I’m

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Is that a dark metallic red? What size are your wheels? I’m
Yes it is! Those are the 20inch premium satin wheels. I’m having 20inch gloss black reps put on next week though
Paper Material property Font Paper product Stationery

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
2021 Super Stock
660 Posts
WONDER ???? if you carefully masked and sprayed them with a either a satin or gloss VHT high temp clear if that would keep them protected and fresh looking?

DGatzby is right; as nice as the Glossy Red, Grey and Orange calipers are, they sometimes don't work with certain colors and the black ones give a better look. Also the Super Stock is only available with the standard red or optional black.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I like the black calipers when the other accents on our cars are blacked out. My last two SRTs had black rotors and blacked out accents. My Redeye has all blacked out logos and a black roof and I like it. I removed the DODGE on the rear because it was the only chrome item on my car. It had to go.

I ceramic coated my rotors the morning after taking delivery. They have held up very well and are a breeze to wash. As this is my third car with flat black Brembos, I have learned to clean and coat them, along with changing brake pads and coating inner portion of wheels, immediately after taking delivery. It is the advice I give anyone at car shows that asks how I keep my wheels and calipers so clean.

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,303 Posts
Just cant see why anyone would actually pay money for black calipers. They look like every other caliper on every car ever made to me. That aside, there have been tons of complaints about the finish on the black calipers. Not sure why they would not be a gloss finish like the red ones that are free, but for some reason they are different and are a disappointment to most owners. I think most buyers are expecting a nice glossy black caliper. A few threads here discussing this same thing.
As usual your post is spot on, nothing more be said

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Automotive design Rim Material property Font Computer keyboard

Top left, top right and bottom. Three different brands. Notice the top one is smaller in diameter than the two stockers, mid left and mid right?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts