SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know that the Eibach springs are the popular choice with a 1.2 + 1.1” drop... wondering if there are any others that have been successfully put on a redeye without the need for any extra work to be done? I’m wanting to go a little lower than the Eibachs if possible and definitely not willing to sacrifice comfort or anything really... stock tires and rims btw and want to keep it that way.
thanks!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
40 Posts
Hey guys I know that the Eibach springs are the popular choice with a 1.2 + 1.1” drop... wondering if there are any others that have been successfully put on a redeye without the need for any extra work to be done? I’m wanting to go a little lower than the Eibachs if possible and definitely not willing to sacrifice comfort or anything really... stock tires and rims btw and want to keep it that way.
thanks!
I've been wondering and wanting to do the very same thing.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
40 Posts
Check out the KW adjustable springs. Not cheap but a good product.
Thanks! Looks like a pretty good option. Have you installed these? Do you know if a specialized experienced shop is needed for the install or can your neighborhood shop install them without problems?

Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
407 Posts
I had the KW's on my 15 HC Challenger, and now have the Eibach Pros on my 16. Personal preference, I like the ride of the Eibach's better. That plus, the "adjustable ness" of the KW's is smoke and mirrors. You can't adjust the rears without dropping the cradle again...

Reactions: MrSpyDad

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
407 Posts
shiny car = KW's Matte car = Eibach's

Reactions: MrSpyDad

·
Registered
231 Posts
The Eibachs sit about the same height as the KW's in there lowest setting. Have you checked with H&R? I think, they sit a little bit lower mainly in the rear

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,861 Posts
Thanks! Looks like a pretty good option. Have you installed these? Do you know if a specialized experienced shop is needed for the install or can your neighborhood shop install them without problems?

Thanks!
Dan
KW is real quality stuff. I’ve had mine on for over 25K miles now and still happy. Ride quality is similar to the stock 3 mode suspension on my SRT but corners much better. Had mine done at the local Christian Brothers Automotive and it was their first install for these. Fronts are easy to set the height on but rears are a bit more fussy. They have to be removed for re-adjustment and can take a couple of tries.

I have long tubes now so am always cautious about tickling the belly. Had the shop weld small skid plates on the underside of the headers :)

The only caveat with lowering are the rear CV boots. They can prematurely fail. One recently went on mine (at around 30K miles) although not sure if the rubber just gives up or the different angle accelerates the wear. Numerous pulls on a chassis dyno didn’t help either I’m sure.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
40 Posts
KW is real quality stuff. I’ve had mine on for over 25K miles now and still happy. Ride quality is similar to the stock 3 mode suspension on my SRT but corners much better. Had mine done at the local Christian Brothers Automotive and it was their first install for these. Fronts are easy to set the height on but rears are a bit more fussy. They have to be removed for re-adjustment and can take a couple of tries.

I have long tubes now so am always cautious about tickling the belly. Had the shop weld small skid plates on the underside of the headers :)

The only caveat with lowering are the rear CV boots. They can prematurely fail. One recently went on mine (at around 30K miles) although not sure if the rubber just gives up or the different angle accelerates the wear. Numerous pulls on a chassis dyno didn’t help either I’m sure.

Thanks for the information, good to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts