SRT Hellcat Forum banner

LOWERED!! KW Adjustable coil springs installed....

66590 167
Took the time to install my KW springs today... Install wasnt too bad. It took me about 4 hours crawling aroung by myself. A lot of that time was taking the wheels on and off to make height adjustments.. And another 1/2 hour was needed to run to the store to buy 2 set screws that were needed and some crazy German neglected to include....

The spings are fully adjustable height wise. I ended up adjusting the car down 1" all the way around. I measured from the ground to the front and rear wheel lips, and also the front splitter to gauge the difference... I will give the car few hundred miles to "settle", as they mention the car may settle another .2"-.3".... Then I will have the alignment checked..

Ride quality, honestly, has not been affected AT ALL... rides quality is exactly the same in all 3 Suspension Modes, but is definetly less "floaty" when in "Street" mode, which is what I use on our wonderful Wisconsin roadways...

Before and after pics... thoughts? I am VERY happy with the look...

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
796 Posts
Took the time to install my KW springs today... Install wasnt too bad. It took me about 4 hours crawling aroung by myself. A lot of that time was taking the wheels on and off to make height adjustments.. And another 1/2 hour was needed to run to the store to buy 2 set screws that were needed and some crazy German neglected to include....

The spings are fully adjustable height wise. I ended up adjusting the car down 1" all the way around. I measured from the ground to the front and rear wheel lips, and also the front splitter to gauge the difference... I will give the car few hundred miles to "settle", as they mention the car may settle another .2"-.3".... Then I will have the alignment checked..

Ride quality, honestly, has not been affected AT ALL... rides quality is exactly the same in all 3 Suspension Modes, but is definetly less "floaty" when in "Street" mode, which is what I use on our wonderful Wisconsin roadways...

View attachment 6037 View attachment 6038
Just ordered springs! (Car gets here this week!)

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
158 Posts
Looks very nice at that height. Did you measure the difference when it was stock and in track mode? Let's hope you did it in a warm garage. Those days working on the car outside in the winter really stink.

Reactions: StellasHC

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks very nice at that height. Did you measure the difference when it was stock and in track mode? Let's hope you did it in a warm garage. Those days working on the car outside in the winter really stink.
Close to 50* today.. I was actually sweating a bit. It felt good.

99% sure that the height doesnt change between suspension modes.. just the rate of dampening of the shocks or whatever you want to call them..

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
158 Posts
Close to 50* today.. I was actually sweating a bit. It felt good.

99% sure that the height doesnt change between suspension modes.. just the rate of dampening of the shocks or whatever you want to call them..
Cool I may do this when my car comes to a point that they need replacing. Being German I assume they are of excellent quality. Did your camber visually look different? Thanks for the pictures too.

Reactions: StellasHC

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,084 Posts

View attachment 6037 View attachment 6038
Maybe thats all you need to hit 200 so we don't have to say 199 anymore.;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Part # 25327018 on the KW site is what I ordered. Is this what you have?
Yup.. thats what I have!! Let me know wheb you do the install.. I can save you a ton of time with the height adjustment if your interested..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool I may do this when my car comes to a point that they need replacing. Being German I assume they are of excellent quality. Did your camber visually look different? Thanks for the pictures too.

Camber looks about the same.. we will see when its aligned..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will do it this Friday if the car indeed arrives on Thursday. Looks like I should just got to 1inch according to your pics? I love to save time.
If you like how mine looks, I can PM you the details on how to get it there in the adjustments... it took a lot of trial and error on my part. Keep in mind, it may settle another 1/4" from what I pictured..

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
158 Posts
Camber looks about the same.. we will see when its aligned..
Let us know. All too often you see guys putting in the coil overs and getting only 7k on a set of tires. We will be lucky to get 20k as it is so the camber thing may be a non issue but good info.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.