SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

LOWERED!! KW Adjustable coil springs installed....

67649 Views 167 Replies 62 Participants Last post by  Hirohawa
Took the time to install my KW springs today... Install wasnt too bad. It took me about 4 hours crawling aroung by myself. A lot of that time was taking the wheels on and off to make height adjustments.. And another 1/2 hour was needed to run to the store to buy 2 set screws that were needed and some crazy German neglected to include....

The spings are fully adjustable height wise. I ended up adjusting the car down 1" all the way around. I measured from the ground to the front and rear wheel lips, and also the front splitter to gauge the difference... I will give the car few hundred miles to "settle", as they mention the car may settle another .2"-.3".... Then I will have the alignment checked..

Ride quality, honestly, has not been affected AT ALL... rides quality is exactly the same in all 3 Suspension Modes, but is definetly less "floaty" when in "Street" mode, which is what I use on our wonderful Wisconsin roadways...

Before and after pics... thoughts? I am VERY happy with the look...

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
161 - 168 of 168 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
889 Posts
I adjusted my front ones to 3/4" from the bottom, and my rear 1/2" from the top, the rear seems a bit low, which way do you adjust the rear to raise it ?

· Registered
2019 Redeye Hellcat Indigo Blue
58 Posts
I know some have expressed interest in the kit I used, and BossHawg has purchased one. So, in order to save you guys the time, I will give some tips here for installing...

I bought the KW kit, part # 25327018. I paid $725 shipped, I have since seen it for as low as $650 shipped.. They cost twice what regular drop coils cost, but offer FULL height adjustment. They are listed for a 1" drop, but they will go to 2"-2.5" easily... View attachment 6069

You can see there is a black base/seat on the rear spring, and a gold one for the front. These are threaded and the purple collar will adjust the height. To get 1" drop, I adjusted the purple collar in the rear 10 TURNS from the bottom. That gave me exactly 1 inch. I was lucky, because on the rear, you have to remove the spring again to make adjustments, which takes a little bit of time. I nailed it on the first try. When doing the rears, I use the "cradle" method. This involves lowering the rear cradle one side at a time. Others have just dropped the rear control arm. I dont like the idea of lowering and raising a control arm under spring tension, so I drop the cradle. Leaving the opposite side cradle bolts tight when dropping should NOT affect alignment..

The front, I ended up adjusting the purple collar up 3/4" from the gold base. I cant say how many turns, because it took about 4 tries to get the 1" drop I was looking for, and I lost count. When you make height adjustments, you would think that moving the base and adjusment collar apart 1/4" would affect height 1/4" but it doesnt work that way.

Here are the instructions I used. The KWs come with instructions that are marginal at best...

http://ekazsrt8.net/documents/P5155436.pdf

This job is actually pretty simple. You will need basic tools, along with a couple floor jacks and stands. You WILL need a strut spring compressor to do the fronts, or you will have to bring the front assemblies to a shop to remove the stock springs. You will also need a good torque wrench. I used air tools this time around, but on my last SRT, I did everything by hand. New cars come apart pretty easy..

Im going to say that a number of springs will work on our cars... Mopar Stage 1s, H&Rs, Eibachs, etc.. All at half the price. But, none will offer height adjustment like the KWs...

If somebody has ?s, post up, I will do my best to answer..

Good Luck!
Thanks!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1 Posts
Jumped into the KW pool, Super happy with how the install came out. Learned a great deal from this post as well as getting some good advice from some other members who had done the install. I decided to try the same formula as Purple cat 16 recommended. 5 turns up on the rear collars and a measurement of 3/4 of an inch on the front collars. This gave me pretty much exactly one inch drop in the rear and 1/4 inch drop in front.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

161 - 168 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.