SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any recommendations regarding lowering your car? springs vs bags. prefer to use springs, anyone have experience with lowering springs from american muscle?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,745 Posts
I went with KW adjustable springs some 25K miles ago and still loving them. Both my rear CV boots have failed over time though. Not sure if due to lowering or just the boot material itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with KW adjustable springs some 25K miles ago and still loving them. Both my rear CV boots have failed over time though. Not sure if due to lowering or just the boot material itself.
thanks for the feedback, i will check them out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,422 Posts
I think it has to do with the lowering. Almost everyone that lowers these cars eventually has CV boot failures. I had MOPAR springs on mine and my passenger rear CV boot failed twice. I finally put the stock springs back in and cut a 1/8 of a coil off the rears, it gave about a 1/4" drop and no more boot failures so far.

Reactions: ArchGE and El-Gato

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,745 Posts
I think it has to do with the lowering. Almost everyone that lowers these cars eventually has CV boot failures. I had MOPAR springs on mine and my passenger rear CV boot failed twice. I finally put the stock springs back in and cut a 1/8 of a coil off the rears, it gave about a 1/4" drop and no more boot failures so far.
I tend to agree. Since I’ve pumped up the HP on my engine, I’m going to try new gForce or DSS half shafts. They claim to be more forgiving on non-stock angles.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,422 Posts
I tend to agree. Since I’ve pumped up the HP on my engine, I’m going to try new gForce or DSS half shafts. They claim to be more forgiving on non-stock angles.
I have the DSS axles, havent torn a boot yet, but I'm barely lowered beyond stock.

Reactions: ArchGE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts