SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, took my new car to get some tires put on and was surprised to hear it had a special socket. It looks like an 8 spline but it is definitely unique. Previous owner said it was in the trunk but it’s nowhere to be found. Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
294 Posts
Since you have no key, I would find a thin wall socket that is VERY hard to get over tip of splines, hammer it on and remove lock...repeat for other 3, and either buy a new set of locks or replace with factory lugnuts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you have no key, I would find a thin wall socket that is VERY hard to get over tip of splines, hammer it on and remove lock...repeat for other 3, and either buy a new set of locks or replace with factory lugnuts.
Yeah I’m prepared to do that last resort. But all 20 lug nuts are the same.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Search the car top to bottom. Unless you find the key or get a replacement somehow, you are going to be hating life trying to get all those off.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,178 Posts
just count how many splines are on the lugs and get a spline lug nut key:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s 8 spline but two of the groves are really close together, every one I’ve seen are evenly spaced

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
542 Posts
Hello everyone, took my new car to get some tires put on and was surprised to hear it had a special socket. It looks like an 8 spline but it is definitely unique. Previous owner said it was in the trunk but it’s nowhere to be found. Any help would be appreciated View attachment 556762 View attachment 556763
If you search everywhere and can't find the key, call Gorilla & see if they can help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Contacted Gorilla they said its an original pattern and I needed the registration or to take one out and make a mold. Looks like ill be taking it to the dealer hack the lugs out. 😠

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
714 Posts
Any repair shop should have a master lock removal kit. I have a different kit from the one shown but I have yet to not be able to get one of those style Lugnuts off very very easily. I’m at the point where I won’t even go through the customers car I just grab the kit this way the Customer
87B22756-7A1A-4990-8ED9-88EE6391B9AE.png
can’t blame me for losing their special socket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts