SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I wanted to post some progress pics of our Charger. We are gearing up to have some real fun in this car!!! Our goal with this car is to completely break necks with the looks, get as much of the 707hp to the ground as possible, and then maybe add some power mods. We will update with progress every step of the way. Here's my first post! 2300 miles on the car..... 1 set of Pirellis already burnt! lol Here's the new member thread showing the car from purchase to April 2017. Louisiana dark '16 Charger Hellcat.

April 2017
Project 1: Wrap in KPMF matte black/purple chameleon
Project 2: Install Aerosports concept lip kit after wrapping in APA scratch free racing gloss carbon

Progress pics:

Cleaning the trunk for the wrap. Chose the panel as the first to learn the material... first time using KPMF.

My sweet temporary vinyl rack!!!

Vinyl on the trunk... seriously grabby. 0 repositionability.... this is going to suck.

oooooo... super crisp matte goodness with a wee bit of shift

Cannot wait to finish this project!!!!!

That's all folks!!! Stay tuned for the rest of the wrap.... LOTS more on the way before the car is finished. Here are the plans:

1. Wrap car with large hellcat head embossed on the rear doors/fenders.
2. Wrap Aerosports Concepts lip kit and wicker bill in APA gloss scratch free carbon vinyl and install.
3. Stripe the car with same APA carbon
4. Coat the car in brand new Ceramic Pro vinyl/PPF ceramic coating
5. Break every neck in Shreveport, Louisiana

The two vinyls next to each other.... siiiicccckkkkk

·
Black Betty...BamAlam!!!
Charger SRT Hellcat
615 Posts
That is going to look fantastic! Off to a great start.
Please let us know about the new ceramic pro product for ppf. Would like to hear your feedback

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
69 Posts
You will definitely be breaking necks with that color! Can't wait to see the final outcome.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATES!!! Yay! I finally got a chance to work on her again.
What you can expect in this update:
1. wrapped spoiler two tone
2. wrapped and installed Aero Sport Concepts wicker bill extension
3. Installed VERY large Hellcat head graphics on each side of the car.... these will be under the vinyl for that subtle emboss look that slays

Knifless tape before I lay the carbon vinyl on the back side

APA Racing carbon looks like it'll be pretty cool

Shot of the APA carbon before the wicker bill is installed.

I'm in love with this color!!!! It's so crisp and rich.

I didn't take pictures during the wrapping or install of wicker bill since it was so easy... here's the results.

LOVE!!!!

Satin black Hellcat heads installed on each side of the car.... these will be wrapped over and embossed. Stay tuned!!!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
69 Posts
Can you take some close ups of the carbon fiber wrapped wicker add on spoiler...i am thinking the same thing but thinking about wrapping the extension and OEM rrar spoiler together

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grocery Getter I'll get some sure!

Ready for todays updates? Here we go! The more I get into it the more time I want to spend on it, but there's a business to run......arrrrrgggghhh. :p

back door wrapped.... hellcat embossing was a pure win!

closeups of the door handles.

Aero Sport Concpets rear wrapped in the APA carbon. This vinyl doesn't like to stick to anything... I sprayed this with Bulldog and nothing, then brushed Pro Bond on and still barely any grab. Looks great though!!

THEN WE PULLED IT OUTSIDE!!! X_X

One final shot.... more to come tomorrow.

·
Black Betty...BamAlam!!!
Charger SRT Hellcat
615 Posts
Absolutely Awesome!!!
I wish I had your skills! Your car is looking amazing! I'm assuming you're a shop that does wraps professionally. If so, that car will be a perfect billboard! If you're not a shop, you should be!
Neckturner for sure!
Thanks for keeping us posted, would love to see this in person in your southern sunshine!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey everyone thanks for the responses! I don't wrap cars anymore professionally as I'm too busy creating light tint kits for our cars and hopefully many others. This is why my wrap is taking as long as it is. I do want to use the car as advertisement though and am very active on instagram. Do any of you have Luxe Auto Concepts tint kits??? Thanks everyone for following!!! Here's today's updates:
1. Wrapped passenger fender
2. Wrapped passenger side skirt
3. Messed up hood wrap.
4. Decided to be tactical and do the hood in multiple sections.... call it cheating if you want. It meant a flawless finish and I'm happy with it. This vinyl isn't easy to use.
5. Very happy with results!!!!

Fender wrap... removed wheel well completely to ensure total coverage.

Side skirt wrapped. I put inlays on the front and rear sections in the wheel wells for added protection.

MESSED UP THE HOOD!!!! X_X

Hood try 2: I'm striping the car anyways so I decided to approach it in sections... very happy with the results.

Hood base color laid down in three sections. :)

Carbon fiber laid down.... pics inside. The contrast between the two vinyls is incredible

Here's what she looks like outside... very overcast. The light is very even for natural lighting.

Pic and video from inside my garage.... these colors are amazing.

Thanks again everyone for following!!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry been all over the place with work. Here's an update! Calipers wrapped in 3M reflective orange with color matched brembo logos. Only have the antenna and mirrors left to wrap. Then I'll install the rest of the Aero Sport Concepts lip kit and start working on traction mods. Yay!

Hellcat head embossing

Had some great bright overcast lighting.

on a nice foggy morning the car looks so different

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
986 Posts
Sorry been all over the place with work. Here's an update! Calipers wrapped in 3M reflective orange with color matched brembo logos. Only have the antenna and mirrors left to wrap. Then I'll install the rest of the Aero Sport Concepts lip kit and start working on traction mods. Yay!

Hellcat head embossing

Had some great bright overcast lighting.

on a nice foggy morning the car looks so different
HOLY SH IT ....best looking cat ever...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.