SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how fast you guys are going? And the combos your running. I went [email protected] with a slipping clutch on street tires. I do race it as much as I can and have slicks just didn’t get to make a clean pass with them. What clutches are you guys using that’s good for street/strip that’s comparable to stock. I’m thinking the monster triple disc. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
@16GoManGoHC
Here is the guy that has a lot to tell!

Linda :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
THANKS Linda :)
Hmmmmmm, definitely not the quickest M6 at 10.734 134 best 1/4 1.65 60’ on 20” DR’s, 2.85 on pump 93, stock clutch, trans and DS but next year start the season with a 2.98 first Tranzilla, Wiles 4” DS, P4D brave, DSS Stage 5 Axel’s and a dozen or so smaller tweaks and mods maybe put the RXT1200 in mid summer low 10’s for sure in spring and maybe 9.99x before this time next year if the winds of war blow in my favor. The just installed a few weeks back Tranzilla hasn’t made the track yet unfortunately and first and second are giving me grief hooking on the highway. Its looking very promising pulling over a G now on 40F dark pavement from what was .65-75 before. My 800 wheel 10.6 M6 Mustang buddy telling me he thinks the front tires are gonna get very light if nothing breaks and I dead hook with almost a 12:1 out of the hole final drive ratio with the 2.98 through a 3.73 with 28” tires with 825 crank TQ available it should get fun :)
Going to be a long winter though dreaming :(

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Just wondering how fast you guys are going? And the combos your running. I went [email protected] with a slipping clutch on street tires. I do race it as much as I can and have slicks just didn’t get to make a clean pass with them. What clutches are you guys using that’s good for street/strip that’s comparable to stock. I’m thinking the monster triple disc. Thanks
NICE Pass BTW, 11.5 on street rubber launching and rowing your own is damn good!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. The gearing in the transmission isn’t the greatest that’s for sure. I had the same gearing as you in my other challenger that I sold. Wish I still had that transmission. It was nice I’d hit 4th at the 1/8 and run it right out the back. That car went [email protected] I’m thinking of switching the rear gear to the 3.90s I know it won’t do much but it’s gotta be a little better then the 3.70. I’m also thinking of getting the monster triple disc. It’s hard picking the clutch because there’s not many reviews out there. But then again it’s a long winter so no rush. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
3.90 will help some, here’s a comparison of 3.73 vs the 3.90 with the stock HC M6 ratios
On subject of clutch many have used the RXT1200 with success, you can snag a like new one in here for 800 or so and brand new ones for 1000-1200. BUT beware as there’s little to no slipping the ceramic disc units, when they grab they grab. And be prepared to replace the throw out bearing assy also as I’ve read allot of reads on the stock one being problematic with clean release at upper r’s speed shifting.

73BB8380-6743-444B-9979-B702FF557BBF.png
B2F92F6A-AA30-4037-89BD-9F9DE549635C.png

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dont have a hellcat but do have a Vortech on a 392 scatpack, M6. Before the Vortech my best was [email protected] with a 1.72 60' , with the Vortech my best is [email protected] and a 1.620 60'

my setup is
DRs, 275 50-17....and thats it really....full interior, full weight, stock front wheels/tires
Since its not a HC, I have the stock transmission/gearing/rear gear for a scat pack....which I think is what 16gomangoHC was shooting for with the tranzilla. Also, I have a stock HC clutch. This was a nice upgrade for stock powered 392 but I have toasted the clutch. (car has 450 passes and 32,000 miles). I put the HC clutch in at 15,000 miles and 183 passes.... so, the HC clutch went 153 passes and 10,000 miles at stock 392 power. Then I added the Vortech by HHP and went an additional 7,000 miles and 115 passes. Not terrible for a wear item. I am going to try the stock HC clutch again and see how it lasts all on SC power. I do like the streetability of the HC clutch. I have heard of plenty of Mcleods giving up the ghost way earlier than what I put my clutch through. So, one more try of the HC, then evaluate and possibly go after market

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I can agree on stock Hellcat clutch being decent, I’m putting 825 wheel through mine launching on 315 NT05r DR’s, overheated it more then once doing back to back to back 3-4 minutes apart 1/4 runs but it keeps going, hopefully hangs in for another season as my plans to pull motor this winter and upgrade the bottom end have been dashed by my boys semester of college tuition :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Definitely a lot harder to pull off a good pass with the M6. I have been having a hard time with a consistent launch and hooking well. Currently my 2016 has 17” Hoosiers on beadlocks because the tires kept slipping on the rim before. Upgraded to dss ds and axles. Last year I went from a dr to a slick and snapped the driver side stock axle. To combat my launches I put a stage 6 2 step in the car which greatly improved my 60’ and kept things more consistent. Burned through the factory clutch fairy quickly so upgraded with a BBG triple disc. What a difference, extremely grabby and great launch. The clutch was actually from Bill Gambles car here on the forum. Super happy with the complete setup, now just waiting on the trans to go unfortunately.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely a lot harder to pull off a good pass with the M6. I have been having a hard time with a consistent launch and hooking well. Currently my 2016 has 17” Hoosiers on beadlocks because the tires kept slipping on the rim before. Upgraded to dss ds and axles. Last year I went from a dr to a slick and snapped the driver side stock axle. To combat my launches I put a stage 6 2 step in the car which greatly improved my 60’ and kept things more consistent. Burned through the factory clutch fairy quickly so upgraded with a BBG triple disc. What a difference, extremely grabby and great launch. The clutch was actually from Bill Gambles car here on the forum. Super happy with the complete setup, now just waiting on the trans to go unfortunately.
Thanks. How’s the clutch on the street? I was looking at that clutch as well. What’s your best time,60,mph with the new clutch? I’m convinced the clutch is leaving performance on the table. At least mine. I use those Hoosiers as well. Never tried a drag radial. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks. How’s the clutch on the street? I was looking at that clutch as well. What’s your best time,60,mph with the new clutch? I’m convinced the clutch is leaving performance on the table. At least mine. I use those Hoosiers as well. Never tried a drag radial. Thanks

My best pass with the car so far is a 10.58 with a 1.72 60’ at 138 mph. I actually cut a better 60’ with a slipping stock clutch. Haven’t had a lot of time at the track with the new clutch. The BBG is very aggressive it’s either on or off, kinda hard on the street but the pedal pressure is no different than stock. I also get a lot of metallic chatter from the discs which toddy from bad boyz told me was normal with that clutch. Gets kinda annoying sitting at red lights and such.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My best pass with the car so far is a 10.58 with a 1.72 60’ at 138 mph. I actually cut a better 60’ with a slipping stock clutch. Haven’t had a lot of time at the track with the new clutch. The BBG is very aggressive it’s either on or off, kinda hard on the street but the pedal pressure is no different than stock. I also get a lot of metallic chatter from the discs which toddy from bad boyz told me was normal with that clutch. Gets kinda annoying sitting at red lights and such.
Ya that’s what I don’t want from the clutch. I had a ram clutch that made noise like that in a 09 challenger I had. I cut a 1.71 60 with my slicks but messed the run up. That’s a good 1/4 time and mph. Do you have a pulley and tune?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ya that’s what I don’t want from the clutch. I had a ram clutch that made noise like that in a 09 challenger I had. I cut a 1.71 60 with my slicks but messed the run up. That’s a good 1/4 time and mph. Do you have a pulley and tune?

Yea I’m running a 2.5 upper on e85 from Curt Dusterhoff. Car dynoed at 887 whp I should be in the high 9s I know guys in the automatics with same setups running mid 9s.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I’m running a 2.5 upper on e85 from Curt Dusterhoff. Car dynoed at 887 whp I should be in the high 9s I know guys in the automatics with same setups running mid 9s.
I was talking to curt last week about doing just a race tune on stock boost and he was telling me about a car he tuned with the BBG clutch and it was grabby. How’s your transmission holding up? I heard once the power gets over 800 there the weak link. How much boost does the 2.5 make?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was talking to curt last week about doing just a race tune on stock boost and he was telling me about a car he tuned with the BBG clutch and it was grabby. How’s your transmission holding up? I heard once the power gets over 800 there the weak link. How much boost does the 2.5 make?
Curt knows his stuff. I had a flex fuel tune at first and was having problems with the car reverting back to the pump gas spark tables. Then I had him give me an e85 only race tune. I always run the 2.5 pulley and only run e85 so the flex fuel was not even worth it to me. The new tune is way better and the car runs super crisp. Knock on wood the trans is good now but I’m not at the track every week. I believe that’s gonna be the next weak link. Boost wise I believe it’s around 17

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great thread. I'm also in the M6 club and just beginning with gathering parts, etc. I haven't been able to get to the track to get a few "stock' baseline runs in, but I will around spring time. I'm also looking at using various tuners, but haven't decided who I'll be going with.

What aftermarket rearend suspension components are you folks using, or think would be necessary in a drag application? I have the DIRS brace so far, but now I am looking at buying upper and lower adjustability arms, etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As far as tuner, I am all onboard with Josh at HHP. My whole driveline is stock but I do have a diff brace. The only change I may make is add demon springs for next season. But right now I am more interested in lighter front wheels....and a clutch

·
Registered
182 Posts
As far as tuner, I am all onboard with Josh at HHP. My whole driveline is stock but I do have a diff brace. The only change I may make is add demon springs for next season. But right now I am more interested in lighter front wheels....and a clutch
Nice. So many tuner choices. I’m only interested in one that can give me the best tune for 91 octane. As of now nothing has been done to my car. Just have parts and then I’ll install soon or have them installed. I’m still recovering from a horrible motocross accident I had back in August.

I have the following:

Barton Shifter
JLT CAI
DIRS diff brace
BMR Upper Trailing Arms - on car adjustable
BMR Upper Control Arms - on car adjustable
Front Weld Alumistar 18x6 skinny’s
Rear Weld S71 17x10 w/Beadlocks
Carlyle Demon Killer Springs

Next on list is M/T ET Street R 305 Drag Radials, M/T Sportsman S/R fronts, clutch, driveshaft and BMR lower arms. Just have to do more research on which clutch and driveshaft to buy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m thinking the Monster triple disc clutch or the BBG. Wish there were more people that have tried something other then the McLeod to give some reviews. It’s a hard decision when your looking for a clutch that’s best for both street/strip.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts