SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a jlt ca intake, litens pulley and injectors to make 850 whp, I’m on kw coils, Barton shifter, p4d brace, 3.90 rear gears, and run toyo r888r tires. With the mods, the car feels amazing. I’m no longer dealing with the frustrating bog and overheating issues. So I’m pumped.

having said that, I’ve hit a wall when accelerating on a non-prepped surface. 0-60 in 4.5, 0-100 in 8.4, and 1/4mile in 12.1

I want to hear what you guys would do to break these numbers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have all that and those are your numbers? I would not trust that, get a draggy. I make those numbers and my car has an intake and a shifter..
it’s all based on my dash, and I have no idea how accurate that is. But I’m also pretty conservative when I drive. I want to hear good techniques,tricks, set up, practice tips, Etc. to drive with this new set up!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,000 Posts
I have done a jlt ca intake, litens pulley and injectors to make 850 whp, I’m on kw coils, Barton shifter, p4d brace, 3.90 rear gears, and run toyo r888r tires. With the mods, the car feels amazing. I’m no longer dealing with the frustrating bog and overheating issues. So I’m pumped.

having said that, I’ve hit a wall when accelerating on a non-prepped surface. 0-60 in 4.5, 0-100 in 8.4, and 1/4mile in 12.1

Can you elaborate more on your bog and overheat issues?

Reactions: jakelind707

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you elaborate more on your bog and overheat issues?
with the factory m6, if you let out the clutch nicely, the engine would just kind of fall flat on its face and bog before it picked rpm. It’s not a real bog, just a bog that happens because of the gearing. At low rpm, you’re making like 200 hp, and trying to move a car that heavy just doesn’t work well. More torque and the taller gear helped with that.

the overheating wasn’t really overheating, just getting too warm for my liking when driving hard or stuck in traffic on hot days. The new t-stat and tune fixed that. So now the car feels great, and I want to hear some tips on how to get the car going faster with the new setup!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
375 Posts
What size are the Toyo’s? I am at a similar power level and the best I could muster on the street was a 3.9 or 4.1 on a 285/35-20 R888R. I can’t remember. It is hard to hook these cars with that much power and an M6. This year I am doing all of the rear suspension and 305/45-18 555RII’s. I am hoping this helps.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
857 Posts
My car is "stock" with a 195* stat, a Barton, on a drag pack, and some weight reduction has gone 11.8-11.9s in the 122-124mph range. I am still working on getting it to 60' worth a damn. 1.9s are my best.

The 3.90s are on my list, but I would really love some 4.56s.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
it’s all based on my dash, and I have no idea how accurate that is. But I’m also pretty conservative when I drive. I want to hear good techniques,tricks, set up, practice tips, Etc. to drive with this new set up!
Dash timer is decently accurate most times, I’ve compared it to both draggy and my 50hz Gtech timer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What size are the Toyo’s? I am at a similar power level and the best I could muster on the street was a 3.9 or 4.1 on a 285/35-20 R888R. I can’t remember. It is hard to hook these cars with that much power and an M6. This year I am doing all of the rear suspension and 305/45-18 555RII’s. I am hoping this helps.
285/35r20. I’m going to be trying the nankang ar1in this size when they wear out. I’m not going to do a drag radial, because it will likely see a road Course eventually, and I like being able to roatate my tires for longer life, so I don’t want to run anything wider unless they can fit on the front.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
with the factory m6, if you let out the clutch nicely, the engine would just kind of fall flat on its face and bog before it picked rpm. It’s not a real bog, just a bog that happens because of the gearing. At low rpm, you’re making like 200 hp, and trying to move a car that heavy just doesn’t work well. More torque and the taller gear helped with that.

the overheating wasn’t really overheating, just getting too warm for my liking when driving hard or stuck in traffic on hot days. The new t-stat and tune fixed that. So now the car feels great, and I want to hear some tips on how to get the car going faster with the new setup!
Woah... That sounds like street or sport mode to me... Are you using Track mode for the times?

Reactions: jakelind707

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
BTW with the M6 I found that while in track mode you need to feather the clutch, try not to just rev it and sidestep. I give mine about 2500 rpm and lightly but firmly feather the clutch, I have the Barton also, so it is easier. If you are running someone pretend they are not there they will probably get the jump on you because of wheelspin. You will make the time back by 3rd, by 4th they will be in your rearview.:cool:
Also, check your air filter bi monthly, with the large gaping intake hole I always have things in there. That makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
787 Posts
I think the dash gets you close, but isn't fully accurate. I dont know if anyone's compared the two, but I'd venture to guess if you got a draggy and tried again you'd see a discrepancy.

·
Registered
787 Posts
285/35r20. I’m going to be trying the nankang ar1in this size when they wear out. I’m not going to do a drag radial, because it will likely see a road Course eventually, and I like being able to roatate my tires for longer life, so I don’t want to run anything wider unless they can fit on the front.
Those tires are very hard, unlikely to get warm enough to get your grip. We use them to drift with lol

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I think the dash gets you close, but isn't fully accurate. I dont know if anyone's compared the two, but I'd venture to guess if you got a draggy and tried again you'd see a discrepancy.
Tire size may be throwing off his numbers but my dash info is usually within a tenth and a mph, and the error usually on the slower side when it does not match my draggy and Gtech timers and I run both at the same time and compare numbers very very often along with comparing to actual track numbers when at the track. The Gtech pro is the most accurate usually +/- .005 seconds of track timers at all points from 60ft to 1/4 mile. I have pages and pages of data, I do allot of street 1/4 testing. My goal this summer is high 10’s in the low 140’s street 1/4’s on 315/35-20 Nitto 555R2’s with no burn out, red light to red light type of pulls. I’m already at 11.2 and 139-141 so it will happen, car has run a 9.998 at the track on 315/50-17 MT Street R’s, M6 Tranzilla trans, not stock ratio.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Tire size may be throwing off his numbers but my dash info is usually within a tenth and a mph, and the error usually on the slower side when it does not match my draggy and Gtech timers and I run both at the same time and compare numbers very very often along with comparing to actual track numbers when at the track. The Gtech pro is the most accurate usually +/- .005 seconds of track timers at all points from 60ft to 1/4 mile. I have pages and pages of data, I do allot of street 1/4 testing. My goal this summer is high 10’s in the low 140’s street 1/4’s on 315/35-20 Nitto 555R2’s with no burn out, red light to red light type of pulls. I’m already at 11.2 and 139-141 so it will happen, car has run a 9.998 at the track on 315/50-17 MT Street R’s, M6 Tranzilla trans, not stock ratio.
Well I'm glad someone actually did the comparison, good to know that they're that close. I have a 305 so I wonder if my times are diluted due to the higher ratio.

I do a lot of roll racing because to be honest, its a lot of work and take a hell of a driver to get these to hook from a dig. Heres a car I saw on youtube that launches his M6 very well; manual Hellcat 10.19 @ 137.98 mph - YouTube ( go to around the 1 min mark for launch). I believe he has just reg bolt ons and a slick, and axles.

He has stated that with the stock trans gearing you will need to launch at a way higher rpm to get your 60' anywhere decent.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I have a 2016 m6 pushing 790 Hp with lower pulley, cold air intake ,tune, and 305"s. I did 12 flat and i wanted low 11"s. This year I installed 1 step lower new plugs but the most important item with all that is a HP drive shaft if you want to play. I am concern about my clutch performing this year in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I have a 2016 m6 pushing 790 Hp with lower pulley, cold air intake ,tune, and 305"s. I did 12 flat and i wanted low 11"s. This year I installed 1 step lower new plugs but the most important item with all that is a HP drive shaft if you want to play. I am concern about my clutch performing this year in the 1/4 mile.
My clutch is going on 17,000 miles with allot of 1/4 pulls on it the street and a good amount at the track on 315/50-17 MT Street R’s at 850 wheel. Best 60’ 1.39 and a 9.998 1/4. I Never had a slip or a smell. Now on corn at 950 wheel and 875 TQ and the clutch has slipped hitting 4th hard twice now, it’s time for better finally. You should be fine for a while where your at with stock clutch for a while.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Woah... That sounds like street or sport mode to me... Are you using Track mode for the times?
I’ve played around with all the settings. I seem to rub best with rack suspension and traction completely off. But I’ve only tried a handful of times. What settings do you have the best luck with?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I'm glad someone actually did the comparison, good to know that they're that close. I have a 305 so I wonder if my times are diluted due to the higher ratio.

I do a lot of roll racing because to be honest, its a lot of work and take a hell of a driver to get these to hook from a dig. Heres a car I saw on youtube that launches his M6 very well; manual Hellcat 10.19 @ 137.98 mph - YouTube ( go to around the 1 min mark for launch). I believe he has just reg bolt ons and a slick, and axles.

He has stated that with the stock trans gearing you will need to launch at a way higher rpm to get your 60' anywhere decent.
Daaaayum. Dude launches at 4K! Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts