SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,071 Posts
Sorry if you don't row your own gears you ain't Driving. I love my 13sp Dana. If my boss gave me a auto truck i'll find a new Job.
I used to think that way too...

I would never own this car in a manual. I understand why some want one, but if your business is the fastest speed...

While one is playing around for the next year with clutch slip, I am hazing the tires in a second gear start and into third and than nothing but vapor as the A8 shifts faster than any human.

YMMV, literally lol.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,242 Posts
For those who are still on the borderline of deciding which transmission they would prefer. . .

If you change your order from Automatic to Manual, this increases your chances of getting the car and getting it sooner. This is according to a district manager. Demand for the A8 is higher by a factor of about 2-to-1. Therefore, production for the A8 is under more strain. I still prefer the A8, so keeping my order as-is.
Sounds like a repeat of what occurred in November 2014, except this time, it's a supply vs. a transmission flash update issue.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I used to think that way too...

I would never own this car in a manual. I understand why some want one, but if your business is the fastest speed...

While one is playing around for the next year with clutch slip, I am hazing the tires in a second gear start and into third and than nothing but vapor as the A8 shifts faster than any human.

YMMV, literally lol.
LOL... Let's see, buy a manual to make driving around the city 24/7 a lot more fun and engaging or buy an auto so the 1 or 2 times I go to the track I can be slightly faster?

Hmmmm... make driving around more fun for ME or insist on a faster ET to impress someone ELSE.

Got it. ;)

You track monkeys that run your car a billion times, auto all the way! I just never understood people buying a car with options they'll only see the benefit of on rare occasions.

Now, if you ENJOY auto and can't be bothered to shift yourself (and if an extra MPG will make or break you), more power to you. This whole "I want to be faster" stuff is lame though; a manual Hellcat and a good driver will still beat the snot out of most any car on the road you're likely to encounter.

I bought this car for the ultimate driver's experience and an auto completely disconnects me from that.

You can keep the 8 speed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,071 Posts
Actually, my A8 is faster than a manual all the time ;) since it is being used all the time!

And it is not just faster at the track-it's faster everywhere.

However, after years of driving manuals, I prefer the flappy paddle shifters and will continue to do so now that technology and equipment has caught up.

YMMV

Reactions: SRThellkitty

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Sorry if you don't row your own gears you ain't Driving. I love my 13sp Dana. If my boss gave me a auto truck i'll find a new Job.
It's 2015 now. I have the A8, should I get a driver and sit in the back LOL. Want to race? While you are playing with your transmission I'll be having a beer at the finish line (just messin' with you) :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
175 Posts
...after the warranty runs out I'd rather buy a clutch set and do a self-install on my M6 than take the A8 to the tranny shop for a rebuild...BTW, has anybody seen a heads up run of the A8 vs the M6 yet?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
According to the my local dealer this is true. They have 3 orders for HC. 2 A8, 1 M6. My Dad ordered the M6 last year, and he was the 2nd order for the dealer. Basically the first two cars were identical, except for trans. His went into purgatory waiting on the black hood debacle, while the other 2 were still waiting to be scheduled. Cancelled the black hood and his car showed up shortly there after. Last we checked the other 2 are still waiting to be scheduled to be built.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.