SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

M6 is quicker than the A8

20959 80
N/A
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
930 Posts
I used to think that way too...

I would never own this car in a manual. I understand why some want one, but if your business is the fastest speed...

While one is playing around for the next year with clutch slip, I am hazing the tires in a second gear start and into third and than nothing but vapor as the A8 shifts faster than any human.

YMMV, literally lol.
LOL... Let's see, buy a manual to make driving around the city 24/7 a lot more fun and engaging or buy an auto so the 1 or 2 times I go to the track I can be slightly faster?

Hmmmm... make driving around more fun for ME or insist on a faster ET to impress someone ELSE.

Got it. ;)

You track monkeys that run your car a billion times, auto all the way! I just never understood people buying a car with options they'll only see the benefit of on rare occasions.

Now, if you ENJOY auto and can't be bothered to shift yourself (and if an extra MPG will make or break you), more power to you. This whole "I want to be faster" stuff is lame though; a manual Hellcat and a good driver will still beat the snot out of most any car on the road you're likely to encounter.

I bought this car for the ultimate driver's experience and an auto completely disconnects me from that.

You can keep the 8 speed.

· Registered
930 Posts
Coke! No Pepsi....
The ONLY coke I will concede to liking is cherry coke (which we can't get in Canada) I buy that stuff EVERY time I'm in America town!

That and coke from a fountain (restaurant) is delicious. Cans or bottled coke sucks for whatever reason.

Pepsi is consistent no matter how you buy it, it always tastes great.

I think Coke has more of a cult following, people like it just because it's Coke (even though the Pepsi taste challenge proved way more people picked Pepsi as their favorite... LOL)

· Registered
930 Posts
Ha, it was actually the M6 that was having issues due to the power. They had to add a cooling loop as the temps were exceeding the allowable limits.

Auto trannies are in a different class nowadays.... You replace your clutch. I'll take my chances and when the time comes I have a buddy that owns a transmission shop... By then he will know what if anything needs to be upgraded ;) (all in good fun here my friend)!
Didn't someone who had a problem with their A8 post that this auto trans is NOT a serviceable item? They said it gets totally swapped out if there's an issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.