SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
NICE write up, glad you LOVE the new feel of the car. I ended up going to a 3.90 rear to get 3rd gear final drive ratio more close to the 1.43 in the 2.98 version. Car pulls like mad in third now, will generate .84 G of acceleration just stomping on it in third at 50 mph and 6 seconds later your up past 130, LOVE it!! Glad you found happiness finally!! 馃憤
I haven鈥檛 had my cat to the track yet this year but street performance tells me it should be into the 9鈥檚 at the track no problem. These are all street times on 315/35-20 Nitto 555R2 rears.
Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Communication Device Mobile phone Portable communications device
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Slope
Gadget Font Display device Multimedia Vehicle
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number
Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer White Gauge
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel
Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology Parallel
Gadget Audio equipment Output device Line Font
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number
Azure Rectangle Slope Font Screenshot

Registered
Dang! 11.3s on the street seems insane with an M6 cat!
So you're running the 2.66 gear set now?
Yes, street times, no burn out just launch like from a red light.
Yes, I went with the 2.66 Tranzilla after breaking the 2.98 one late last fall. I would have went with another 2.98 but it鈥檚 only available with 4340 material gears and I needed stronger, the 2.66 was available with 9310 material and I needed stronger so went with the 2.66 because of that. Switched rear diff to a 3.90 unit to get 3rd gear ratio deeper.

Do you know the gear material steel type RPM used in your build for that price? That鈥檚 a good price for complete trans with no core return.

Registered
I don't know what gear set material I have, I sent a query to RPM to find out. On the phone, they told me that this "level 6" trans is rated for 1,000 ft-lb.

Where did you get your diff? Any mods to the diff required to handle the torque? The build sheet for my hellcat says "Anti Spin Differential", does the 3.9 also include that? Sorry for all the questions, thanks man :)
Picked up a few 3.70 and 3.90 diffs from a shop selling out, Mopar out of the box 3.90, I use the P4D on the rear and their race brace on the front. It鈥檚 holding up to 950 wheel better then the 2.98 Tranzilla did lol. They start whining after you beat on them but that鈥檚 pretty normal with all these diffs from my experience at least. Yes please find out on gear material as if that鈥檚 9310 that鈥檚 an excellent price and probably I鈥檇 be going to them next if I break another trans

Registered
Do you have a spare 3.9 you'd sell me? :)
Unfortunately I sold them all off last year and only kept one 390 and one 370 as spares. The 390s not that expensive new they were around $800 last I checked the 370s are like 1400 I don鈥檛 know why such a difference other than maybe the quantity that they make of them is much less as there鈥檚 nothing special or different about them verse the 390

Registered
Just curious, aside from personal feelings on the matter, are our cars really number matching? I was told that when the trans was swapped out under warranty once that the trans is not tied to the car. I think that can be said for everything. I mean, they might want the chassis vin number to make sure you have a red eye for example before selling a red eye part, but 10 years from now, could any one actually show that the facotry put part serial 1111 and part serial 2222 together in the same car?
I was told no, no vin matching of engine or trans or anything besides part number installed.

Registered

Registered
Good stuff.

I am looking at this (and 3.90s) before jumping into the much more logical (and costly) move of more mechanical advantage:
Funny thing on the Bang Shift Billy, my buddy txt鈥檚 me and says I think you BSB is shipping finally and sends these pictures. Mine was the first in line to ship but still sits in the box lol 馃う馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
Light Product Font Screenshot Line
Wood Packing materials Package delivery Font Flooring
Publication Font Material property Paper Paper product

1 - 7 of 7 Posts