SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,572 Posts
awesome. I always complained about the gearing in the trans of my 2015. I bet this makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,284 Posts
awesome. I always complained about the gearing in the trans of my 2015. I bet this makes a world of difference.
I have never driven a hellcat. Manual or auto. Wanted a shaker car w a manual trans for a daily driver. UNTIL I test drove one. It was HORRIBLE with 400 odd hp. Can’t imagine with 600+? The lower gears were too low and as I believe you stated, too close together. Mighta been ok for 200 hp but that test drive immediately sold me on a auto

Glad you found a solution : )

Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,254 Posts
Good stuff.

I am looking at this (and 3.90s) before jumping into the much more logical (and costly) move of more mechanical advantage:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,572 Posts
i did 3.90s in my 2015 it did help but the gearing in the trans is really the issue.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Damn... I was going to bribe you with some BBQ or something to let me take your car for a quick spin, with you still in it, to see how the gearing felt (just around town type driving, not racing it around). I'm super interested in making this change but with money getting tighter each day my desires to shotgun parts, hoping I like it, are numbered. I love my 3.90's but would love a little bit more in first and getting a .50 6th sounds great since I spend a fair amount of time on the highway too. Seems all my driving is slow around town at 35-45mph or highway 70-75pmh. I rarely am cruising anywhere at 55-65mph anymore.

Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,284 Posts
I am looking at this (and 3.90s) before jumping into the much more logical (and costly) move of more mechanical advantage:
Love this. Same idea as what we do in top fuel (computers are illegal so the throw out bearings travel time is controlled by air bleeds. As the bearing moves back it releases additional weighted arms that apply more clutch). Dunno if I like it using a phone app and Bluetooth but THAT ^^^ IS how you make clutch application consistent. Consistency wins more rounds than hit n miss low et does

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Good stuff.

Funny thing on the Bang Shift Billy, my buddy txt’s me and says I think you BSB is shipping finally and sends these pictures. Mine was the first in line to ship but still sits in the box lol 🤦🏼‍♂️
Light Product Font Screenshot Line
Wood Packing materials Package delivery Font Flooring
Publication Font Material property Paper Paper product

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,284 Posts
Now all ya need is a big ole bright ass shift light pointing right atcha and a consistent way to shift the trans under max power : )

21 - 33 of 33 Posts