SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much research and discussions with fellow top M6 guys, Which we agree our transmission sucks! Well at least the gearing. I am taking mine out now, then having it re-geared built
Features:
  • 850Lb/Ft Torque Capacity
  • Magnum Shafts & Gears
  • Triple Cone Synchros
  • Carbon Fiber Synchros
  • 5 Ratios Available
Going from; Stock
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
2.26 1.58 1.19 1-1 .77 .63
NEW
2.98 1.78 1.30 1-1 .80 .63

Also going with BBG triple disk and HRB kit. Already have 3.90 rear.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,556 Posts
i would love this. i've always wondered about the gear set in this trans it makes no sense. i don't want to go 60 in 1st i want it to not fall on it's face.

Reactions: NavVet

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,361 Posts
Had it in 6,000 miles but its my fault. This was a Ram clutch softer then stock pedal but rated for 900ft pounds of tq at the crank. Great clutch until I built up my HP to 947whp and 897wtq. So it became under rated, I am over 1,000TQ at the crank.
Did you have the option of upgrading to the Transzilla with 1200 hp /1000 torque capacity?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you have the option of upgrading to the Transzilla with 1200 hp /1000 torque capacity?
Yes. Talk to him today. Waiting until I deliver it to make a choice. He thinks the 850tq is what I need. Said the 1000tq I need to replace bell housing. I just know I do not want to do this again, I hate double work! Just trying to maintain what I got.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,361 Posts
Yes. Talk to him today. Waiting until I deliver it to make a choice. He thinks the 850tq is what I need. Said the 1000tq I need to replace bell housing. I just know I do not want to do this again, I hate double work! Just trying to maintain what I got.
If you are like me and will add more power or use all of what you already have, get the Zilla and be done with it. You can't get a better manual than the Transzilla. I looked at RSG, but they just didn't have the capacity I needed for the twin turbos.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,060 Posts
I had a similar upgrade done to a TR6060 at liberty gear in MI. It was a 1000TQ upgrade. Worth every penny. It shifts so much better at any rpm and I don't want to take it out to do it again. I went with the center force dyad clutch.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
280 Posts
So what's the ball park of this tranny? Or is it something like.......if you have to ask you can't afford it!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,060 Posts
So what's the ball park of this tranny? Or is it something like.......if you have to ask you can't afford it!
I had every option done expect for face plating and it was $2700 usd .

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
858 Posts
Sounds interesting, but what I am waiting for is really agressive rear end gears to be available. (about 4.33). That will accomplish a good launch too, yet avoid one big issue on the quarter mile, which is a shift into 4th for a split second before the end. I notice the rebuild still has a 1 to 1 ratio for 4th. A 4.33 (approx) rearend ratio will get you deep into 4th gear at the end of a quarter mile, while compensating for the transmission's conservative stock 2.26 first gear. I assume Dodge went with a 2.26 in 1st to increase the torque capacity on the transmission, as the choice of 1st gear ratio is directly proportional to what a trans can ultimately withstand.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
280 Posts
That price isn't bad at all. Awesome. So do they need my tranny or is their a core charge?

1 - 20 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.