SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,348 Posts
Ha! I remember watching a movie back when I was a kid with a supercharger on a switch, never knew what it was until now.

Reactions: 630

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
That supercharger gave me goosebumps the first time I watched it. I knew then that I wanted one that did that. Now I have one even better!!:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
you know that SC was all fake on Mad max right?

i watched a show where they did a recreation and made it real w/ the switch.....didnt seem like an easy thing to do.....awesome looking car........not sure it fits a Dodge Forum when the car is a Ford

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,035 Posts
The closest thing I've ever seen to the S/C on a switch was the successor to the Thunderbird Turbocoupe (of which I had one...) which was the Supercharged Thunderbird circa 1990's. I don't remember the details, but they had it on some sort of clutch, a very sort lived car/engine. 'Had problems with the main bearing bolts stripping out or something like that... I remember being glad that I didn't ever buy/upgrade to it...

·
HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Demon
2,532 Posts
The closest thing I've ever seen to the S/C on a switch was the successor to the Thunderbird Turbocoupe (of which I had one...) which was the Supercharged Thunderbird circa 1990's. I don't remember the details, but they had it on some sort of clutch, a very sort lived car/engine. 'Had problems with the main bearing bolts stripping out or something like that... I remember being glad that I didn't ever buy/upgrade to it...
It was the Thuderbird SuperCoupe and back then, it was quite the car. My old man had a manual one and I got to drive it a few times.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Personal luxury car

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,687 Posts
I vaguely remember something about breaking the cranks.

·
Registered
In The Market
1,236 Posts
I went round and round with my wife about the supercharger. Trying to justify the cost, etc. I knew for me the SRT 392 just wasn't going to cut it. It wasn't so much the horsepower, it was just that whine! So saying honey, "the SRT 392 doesn't make the whine." Always got under her skin.

I honestly would have bought a lesser Challenger if they simply came with the supercharger. Don't get me wrong I love the 707HP, but really it was just the bad ass sound that sold me over the actual HP output.

Best freaking car I have ever owned. Sadly I don't think this car gets near the credit it deserves as a daily driver, or as a road trip car. The overall package and design of both inside and outside are a 10. I know many just let these things sit, and honestly I feel sad about that. Many are missing out on an insane overall driving experience.

The Cat doesn't need to see the track to be appreciated. But its so nice when you need that HP and the cat's meow slowly winds into a growl and you effortlessly pass the annoying "Leaf" in the fast lane....it all comes together. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.