SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,495 Posts
Congrats @FFBOS, that's getting it done !

I noticed something about the Maggie vs stock s/c, is the inter cooler cooling is after the rotors vs b4 rotors on stock s/c ? …. or I'm looking at it wrong ?
If so no wonder the IAT's are lower with the Maggie s/c.

Reactions: Linda's Hell Cat

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats @FFBOS, that's getting it done !

I noticed something about the magy vs stock s/c, is the interchiller cooling is after the rotors vs b4 rotors on stock s/c ? .... or I'm looking at it wrong ?
If so no wonder the IAT's are lower with the Magy s/c.
There is a guy on another forum that has one on a Hellcat without an interchiller and because the Maggie is so much more efficient you can feel the difference in heat just by touching the Maggie after a run. With the stock SC he could barely touch the SC because of the heat and with the Maggie he could actually place his hand on it for a short time.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Thanks to Sateratuning and Jeremy Satera for the fantastic work as usual. Earlier in the year I made the decision to try a ported 2.4L. The results were fantastic, but I wanted more out of the car. Adding more boost was not an option due to the coin flip rotor failure one might see pushing them to the limits. I didn’t feel like nuking a perfectly good blower. I sold it and made the decision to try a Magnuson 2650 on top of my forged 6.2L bottom.

Results were impressive to say the least and I think we found the “limit” of the blower as far as inlet side restrictions go on this platform. It could for sure benefit from a port in my opinion.

There was not much data to go off of other than just a few others on instagram and another on a forum. I added a 10% lower to the car to allow for flexibility in case it was needed. The rear cogs on the Maggie were set to a 27% overdrive, which seems to be the “standard” when you are seeking bigger power. We added the “BigJon” idler set to allow for more belt wrap on the Maggie pulley. I’m honestly not sure if we needed it since we stayed with the largest pulley offered at 3.5”, but something is needed when you pulley down for sure. Only other changes to the car were stepping up the the ID1700’s, and then swapping into a fairly new 8HP90 trans with a Demon converter.

First dialed in hits on the Maggie with the standard 3.5 front pulley came back at over 1000rwhp. One pull was showing 21-22psi, and another showed 23-24. Not sure if it was heat/cold related, but there was not belt slip. We decided to pulley down and see how far it could go. Maggie advertises a 1psi boost gain per .25” pulley size drop. We put the 3.0” pulley on and got 27psi on it lol. The highest power we saw was over 1050rwhp. We discussed risk/benefit at this point and felt it was best to keep it on the bigger pulley and dial it in there.

I spoke with Brett at Jokerz Performance who had mentioned this 2650 will hit a “wall” at a certain point of inlet restriction. I believe we found that with that big jump in boost, but power not following. Opening this thing up a bit more would easily reach 1100wheel.

Here is the progression below of:

Stock blower with a ported snout and 105tb
Stock ported blower and 105tb (jokerz blower)
Stock Magnuson 2650

View attachment 560907

The car drives like a dream (dare I say better than stock) due to the outstanding work Jeremy does with making sure to take the time to dial in driving habits of the vehicle. Amazing work.

We ran a [email protected] with the ported 2.4L setup in July in 2000+ DA at around 4700lbs. Only did 3 runs on this setup before the wheels in my head started turning lol. My goal was a 9.4 with it, and I think that would of happened in great air at that weight.

The “plan” now is to dial it up a bit more. We can shift the car a bit higher due to not having to worry about the 2.4L rotor RPM. I have a Demon converter now as well, which may help get it’s fat ass off the line a smidge better. Next time out I plan to try to get the weight below 4700 if possible. I have more power to harness, so things might not always go as planned, but if I can get it out of the hole decent, it should make things interesting.

Track this upcoming week or next if the weather holds
The stock Hellcat has about 485 ft-lbs at around 900 RPM, IIRC. I noticed the graph seems to only start measuring at around 2k.

Not sure why that is, except they don't bother with measuring below a certain point. The vertical rise at that RPM indicates a condition external to the actual engine output is the issue, not the engine suddenly waking up from near zero to WOOHOO at 2k.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thanks

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
16FB2A61-6CCA-4BA4-BD11-3224519431FA.jpeg

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Porting this one. More to come in a month.

CB9F9CFA-F61D-42B6-ABFC-AF50C95A7272.jpeg

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
146 Posts
Nice. Who are you sending it for the port work? I have a Maggie on order and it is going straight for port work whenever Maggie gets it done.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Jokerz

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
What's the expected turn around time?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
For this particular blower he said he has cores already finished, so he just needs to swap the guts and do a little magic and it’s good to go.

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
1D383993-54ED-4D21-B6A3-B5B7F55413DF.jpeg
ABBF552F-3460-48A8-BDB5-91FE3F442734.jpeg
E4992340-4E44-44E6-B919-B5651B975A79.jpeg
68E3A93A-DC0A-4EA0-805D-8C06B0445CBB.jpeg
05363861-136E-492A-84C5-4A213A601595.jpeg
25A7B435-10F9-49C8-964E-929AEF56EDF8.jpeg

Reactions: Mean Cat

·
Registered
In The Market
44 Posts
I have a quick question about the NHRA rules for 9 second cars, how did you get your chassis certified and your NHRA licence, as well as the other requirements?

"All vehicles must have a chassis that meets the guidelines set by SFI for their respective speed and elapsed time. A valid NHRA serialized Chassis sticker is mandatory for any car running 9.99 (6.39 = 1/8 mile) or quicker, or 135mph or faster at a NHRA member track. "

NHRA RULES for 9.99 seconds (6.39 1/8th) or Super Gas or 135 mph NHRA Chassis Certification NHRA Competition License SFI jacket & pants 3.2A/5 SFI neck collar & gloves 3.3/1 SFI 29.1 flexplate / 30.1 flexplate shield (AT equipped cars) Full Face Helmet meeting Snell or SFI specifications

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have a quick question about the NHRA rules for 9 second cars, how did you get your chassis certified and your NHRA licence, as well as the other requirements?

"All vehicles must have a chassis that meets the guidelines set by SFI for their respective speed and elapsed time. A valid NHRA serialized Chassis sticker is mandatory for any car running 9.99 (6.39 = 1/8 mile) or quicker, or 135mph or faster at a NHRA member track. "

NHRA RULES for 9.99 seconds (6.39 1/8th) or Super Gas or 135 mph NHRA Chassis Certification NHRA Competition License SFI jacket & pants 3.2A/5 SFI neck collar & gloves 3.3/1 SFI 29.1 flexplate / 30.1 flexplate shield (AT equipped cars) Full Face Helmet meeting Snell or SFI specifications
Look at what they say with 25 air bags

41 - 59 of 59 Posts