SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Sateratuning and Jeremy Satera for the fantastic work as usual. Earlier in the year I made the decision to try a ported 2.4L. The results were fantastic, but I wanted more out of the car. Adding more boost was not an option due to the coin flip rotor failure one might see pushing them to the limits. I didn’t feel like nuking a perfectly good blower. I sold it and made the decision to try a Magnuson 2650 on top of my forged 6.2L bottom.

Results were impressive to say the least and I think we found the “limit” of the blower as far as inlet side restrictions go on this platform. It could for sure benefit from a port in my opinion.

There was not much data to go off of other than just a few others on instagram and another on a forum. I added a 10% lower to the car to allow for flexibility in case it was needed. The rear cogs on the Maggie were set to a 27% overdrive, which seems to be the “standard” when you are seeking bigger power. We added the “BigJon” idler set to allow for more belt wrap on the Maggie pulley. I’m honestly not sure if we needed it since we stayed with the largest pulley offered at 3.5”, but something is needed when you pulley down for sure. Only other changes to the car were stepping up the the ID1700’s, and then swapping into a fairly new 8HP90 trans with a Demon converter.

First dialed in hits on the Maggie with the standard 3.5 front pulley came back at over 1000rwhp. One pull was showing 21-22psi, and another showed 23-24. Not sure if it was heat/cold related, but there was not belt slip. We decided to pulley down and see how far it could go. Maggie advertises a 1psi boost gain per .25” pulley size drop. We put the 3.0” pulley on and got 27psi on it lol. The highest power we saw was over 1050rwhp. We discussed risk/benefit at this point and felt it was best to keep it on the bigger pulley and dial it in there.

I spoke with Brett at Jokerz Performance who had mentioned this 2650 will hit a “wall” at a certain point of inlet restriction. I believe we found that with that big jump in boost, but power not following. Opening this thing up a bit more would easily reach 1100wheel.

Here is the progression below of:

Stock blower with a ported snout and 105tb
Stock ported blower and 105tb (jokerz blower)
Stock Magnuson 2650

The car drives like a dream (dare I say better than stock) due to the outstanding work Jeremy does with making sure to take the time to dial in driving habits of the vehicle. Amazing work.

We ran a [email protected] with the ported 2.4L setup in July in 2000+ DA at around 4700lbs. Only did 3 runs on this setup before the wheels in my head started turning lol. My goal was a 9.4 with it, and I think that would of happened in great air at that weight.

The “plan” now is to dial it up a bit more. We can shift the car a bit higher due to not having to worry about the 2.4L rotor RPM. I have a Demon converter now as well, which may help get it’s fat ass off the line a smidge better. Next time out I plan to try to get the weight below 4700 if possible. I have more power to harness, so things might not always go as planned, but if I can get it out of the hole decent, it should make things interesting.

Track this upcoming week or next if the weather holds

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
694 Posts
Thats impressive congrats. Was the step up to ID1700’s needed or just adding safety margin? How does she feel compared to ported oem blower? Probably dumb question lol just wondering seat of the pants feel.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hope to see some more pictures of the build. Please keep us posted. Congrats on one awesome ride sir...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats impressive congrats. Was the step up to ID1700’s needed or just adding safety margin? How does she feel compared to ported oem blower? Probably dumb question lol just wondering seat of the pants feel.
I was around 80-90% DC with the 1300’s on e80. So the step up was needed.

The car drives fantastic. My tuner really makes sure driveability is on point.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pump e85. Around e80 or so.

Another thing we tried was pulling the filter. Average gain on top of what we saw was 15-20hp. Had an initial problem of the throttle body sucking closed due to how much air this thing sucks lol.

I might add ignite to the mix here eventually. My tuner things maybe another 30-40hp from that if we want to try.

Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it will be. I’ll probably port this thing down the road. There is a 50-75hp gain from that alone on the 2650.

Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
851 Posts
I have no idea why this blower isn’t more popular.
I honestly didn't know it existed. I just dropped my car off for my build this morning, and my guy explained the way that it works in comparison to other systems and I was impressed. This or twin turbo will be my route

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some pics of the blower. I use the ”Big Jon” idler in the front too to prevent any potential belt slip. I don’t believe it is needed on the 3.5” I run but when we tested the 3.0“, it was for sure needed.
A0C433B8-76EF-4901-B6CE-1A8949F5873D.jpeg
11DFEC8F-69B1-43CE-92A3-E15EC5D40CE3.jpeg
35B46315-8D99-40CE-8B29-23C288ADA0CB.jpeg
714CD54D-22DC-44C2-9BE6-B908DBFC4090.jpeg

·
Registered
In The Market
53 Posts
This is badass. Looking forward to seeing more 2650 cats.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Thanks to Sateratuning and Jeremy Satera for the fantastic work as usual. Earlier in the year I made the decision to try a ported 2.4L. The results were fantastic, but I wanted more out of the car. Adding more boost was not an option due to the coin flip rotor failure one might see pushing them to the limits. I didn’t feel like nuking a perfectly good blower. I sold it and made the decision to try a Magnuson 2650 on top of my forged 6.2L bottom.

Results were impressive to say the least and I think we found the “limit” of the blower as far as inlet side restrictions go on this platform. It could for sure benefit from a port in my opinion.

There was not much data to go off of other than just a few others on instagram and another on a forum. I added a 10% lower to the car to allow for flexibility in case it was needed. The rear cogs on the Maggie were set to a 27% overdrive, which seems to be the “standard” when you are seeking bigger power. We added the “BigJon” idler set to allow for more belt wrap on the Maggie pulley. I’m honestly not sure if we needed it since we stayed with the largest pulley offered at 3.5”, but something is needed when you pulley down for sure. Only other changes to the car were stepping up the the ID1700’s, and then swapping into a fairly new 8HP90 trans with a Demon converter.

First dialed in hits on the Maggie with the standard 3.5 front pulley came back at over 1000rwhp. One pull was showing 21-22psi, and another showed 23-24. Not sure if it was heat/cold related, but there was not belt slip. We decided to pulley down and see how far it could go. Maggie advertises a 1psi boost gain per .25” pulley size drop. We put the 3.0” pulley on and got 27psi on it lol. The highest power we saw was over 1050rwhp. We discussed risk/benefit at this point and felt it was best to keep it on the bigger pulley and dial it in there.

I spoke with Brett at Jokerz Performance who had mentioned this 2650 will hit a “wall” at a certain point of inlet restriction. I believe we found that with that big jump in boost, but power not following. Opening this thing up a bit more would easily reach 1100wheel.

Here is the progression below of:

Stock blower with a ported snout and 105tb
Stock ported blower and 105tb (jokerz blower)
Stock Magnuson 2650

View attachment 560907

The car drives like a dream (dare I say better than stock) due to the outstanding work Jeremy does with making sure to take the time to dial in driving habits of the vehicle. Amazing work.

We ran a [email protected] with the ported 2.4L setup in July in 2000+ DA at around 4700lbs. Only did 3 runs on this setup before the wheels in my head started turning lol. My goal was a 9.4 with it, and I think that would of happened in great air at that weight.

The “plan” now is to dial it up a bit more. We can shift the car a bit higher due to not having to worry about the 2.4L rotor RPM. I have a Demon converter now as well, which may help get it’s fat ass off the line a smidge better. Next time out I plan to try to get the weight below 4700 if possible. I have more power to harness, so things might not always go as planned, but if I can get it out of the hole decent, it should make things interesting.

Track this upcoming week or next if the weather holds

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will be interesting to see for sure.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Planning for track this Thursday. I’ll keep you posted

Reactions: moparjim

·
Registered
In The Market
53 Posts
LOLz Eaton and thus Magnuson are evidently coming out with a 3.0L blower in mid-2021. I think it will prove to have better adiabatic efficiency than other offerings, even without full-blower-case-cooling.
That's awesome. I wasn't aware of this? Is there any literature or press release that speaks to this? Always fun to nerd it up and read about this kind of stuff.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts