SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Make sure to keep your hellcat shiny :) with Cquartz quality wash

5741 Views 66 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Carnage
Just kidding I did not use any cquartz. This is Better than bringing to a detail, car wash, or dealership place. They usually miss LOTS of details. Hence why we should do it ourselves.

I spent 3 hours today detailing and hand washing my hellcat's exterior, engine bay and up to the interior door sills. Didn't have time to go interior yet.

Got a stab wound in my thumb nail while detailing the engine bay but it's no pain no gain.

Man it was crazy hard work once again but so rewarding!

Things I used:
1 Bucket of water
2 Meguiar Microfiber mitts
1 garden hose
1 grass food hose water feeder mixer (poor folks soap suds maker however I did order a more professional soap Suds water hose mixer on the way per SRT_HC_707 's recommendation so it should cut my rinsing and wash time by 50%.)
1 meguiar ultimate rinse and wax shampoo
1 meguiar tire shine
1 black magic pro shine
10 microfiber high quality pieces
3 hours or so of labor and time

Enjoy the pics

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Finger Skin Nail Hand Thumb
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Looks EXCELLENT. Nothing like the satisfaction and sore muscles that follow detailing your own car.

How did you tag me? I see that done but not sure how to do it!

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks EXCELLENT. Nothing like the satisfaction and sore muscles that follow detailing your own car.

How did you tag me? I see that done but not sure how to do it!
Haha thank you so much! To tag hit the @ symbol followed by the persons alias

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Now how do we know that thumb is yours AND it's taped up can't see any wound, Don't believe it want pics:D:D

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now how do we know that thumb is yours AND it's taped up can't see any wound, Don't believe it want pics:D:D
Lmfao you are so graphic. There was blood oozing out while detailing my engine bay. I sucked it up and kept working like a real man would. No pain no gain :p

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Lmfao you are so graphic. There was blood oozing out while detailing my engine bay. I sucked it up and kept working like a real man would. No pain no gain :p
If that's true then that is MORE dangerous than going to the dragstrip:p

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
HellcatdotClub OK, I just tried to tag you... Very cool. Is this stuff documented somewhere? Thanks for the tip and your car looks great... Keep that thumb out of the intake.

Reactions: Carnage

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Still safer to keep my hellcat away from the drag strip :p
You are so lucky I don't live in Houston:D Been there 3 weeks worth 1 week at a time, real hot and muggy.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HellcatdotClub OK, I just tried to tag you... Very cool. Is this stuff documented somewhere? Thanks for the tip and your care looks great... Keep that thumb out of the intake.
Lol yep you got it working but I'm not sure if it is documented anywhere. I'm sure cereal killer mentioned it last summer though. Thanks for the compliment. That intake sure love chomping on my thumb lol

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Just kidding I did not use any cquartz. This is Better than bringing to a detail, car wash, or dealership place. They usually miss LOTS of details. Hence why we should do it ourselves.

I spent 3 hours today detailing and hand washing my hellcat's exterior, engine bay and up to the interior door sills. Didn't have time to go interior yet.

Got a stab wound in my thumb nail while detailing the engine bay but it's no pain no gain.

Man it was crazy hard work once again but so rewarding!

Things I used:
1 Bucket of water
2 Meguiar Microfiber mitts
1 garden hose
1 grass food hose water feeder mixer (poor folks soap suds maker however I did order a more professional soap Suds water hose mixer on the way per SRT_HC_707 's recommendation so it should cut my rinsing and wash time by 50%.)
1 meguiar ultimate rinse and wax shampoo
1 meguiar tire shine
1 black magic pro shine
10 microfiber high quality pieces
3 hours or so of labor and time

Enjoy the pics

View attachment 7632 View attachment 7633 View attachment 7634 View attachment 7635 View attachment 7636 View attachment 7637 View attachment 7638 View attachment 7639 View attachment 7640
View attachment 7641
Car looks sexy. No pain no gain!!! Work it!!!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.