SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAKE SURE YOUR NAME IS ON YOUR HELLCAT ORDER!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR INFO SINCE 4/9 FROM RS ON MY VIN # AND NEVER ANY INFO AVAILABLE. CONTACTED SRT LIVE CHAT AND COME TO FIND OUT THAT MY ORDER WAS PUT IN AS A STOCK ORDER AND NOT A CUSTOMER ORDER, JUST BEEN SITTING IN LIMBO AS STOCK ORDERS TAKE A BACK SEAT OVER CUSTOMER ORDERS! GOTTA LOVE IT...

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,020 Posts
Oh boy, turn your volume up.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,020 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,003 Posts
Nothing new compared to last years BS

over 1600 HCs sitting out there right now. Never was that way last year

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
953 Posts
Not to sound insensitive but... duh.

No way I'd be ok with it not having my name on it.

·
Browncoats Unite
Challenger SRT Redeye
1,443 Posts
A local dearer had 2 Hellcat Challengers sitting on the lot for sale last month. I looked at both window stickers. Neither of them had the "Built for persons name" on the sticker. Both were stock orders. Also, both had a $10k markup which is why they were both sitting there. This leads me to believe that the factory is not building customer orders before stock. It does suggest that your dealer might not have an allocation for May production. But it might be built in June production. I'd ask your dealer for more information or search the web for something in stock at another dealer. For what it's worth, I had an order placed in November 2014 (yes 2014) with my name on it, and in May of 2015 the dealer changed the name on the order to someone else and sold my car to them. Hope you get your car soon. Trust us, it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,059 Posts
My car had no name on it but the dealer. I would have preferred to order and get my name in it but my car was right there on the show room floor calling to me. It would be cool to have your name on the sticker but I am just glad someone else's was not on it like some I looked at. People would have looked at it and said who the hell is Joe Rockhead? I don't know either. One dealer actually told me they made up names to get the cars quicker in 2015.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
106 Posts
If your "order" is marked a sold unit it moves way faster than a stock unit. I have witnessed this firsthand many times. You have a poor dealer that has no clue how to service customers.o_O

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
118 Posts
just checked my order sheet....My name is not on it. The dealer is...but I assume it has to be built pretty quick. Don't the 17's start being built in Sept?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
72 Posts
how long did it take for you to get your car?
8 weeks on the button. Was ordered in my name. Orders with names process first for certain, other way around makes no economic sense. Build a stock order let 70k sit in a pile for 4 months until you monetize it, or build a named order that monetizes the minute it hits the lot? I know some dealers who use names of sales people just so they can skirt allocations and get the first cuts on a new model.

Other experiences may vary.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,247 Posts
8 weeks on the button. Was ordered in my name. Orders with names process first for certain, other way around makes no economic sense. Build a stock order let 70k sit in a pile for 4 months until you monetize it, or build a named order that monetizes the minute it hits the lot? I know some dealers who use names of sales people just so they can skirt allocations and get the first cuts on a new model.

Other experiences may vary.
2.8 year old thread much? :p

Reactions: HLZBLZ

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
206 Posts
Old thread I know, but what does an order sheet look like?

I have one page from my dealer, called Configuration Preview. Lists the car options and such, at the bottom it says:
Order Type: Retail
Scheduilng Priority: 1-Sold Order
Salesperson name.
My name and address.

over to the right it says: build priority: 99

On the top it says sold to: dealer info, ship to: dealer info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts